Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Karnizero

More Doom Mapping effects

I have uploaded a video for my last Vavoom Mapping Effects.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfRN-AurMDY

Not only "visual" effects, also advanced mapping trics (except for the lightning effects).

Due to the poor video quality that youtube offers, i provide here a link to download the original video (14 Mb):

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=G035A1JV
If you are not able to see the video correctly at youtube, you should download this.

Enjoy.

The water didn't look unlike any other 3d water effect I've seen in Doom engines. Actually, it looked extremely bare bone, and the view glitched when you were traveling between over and under water.

EDIT; Wait, I looked again and noticed you said "reflectant". I did look closer, and yeah it got a mirror effect. Hard to make out in the heavily compressed and rather dark vid though.

Steeveeo said:

Could you upload the demo wad for this? Vid is too dark for my CRT...

Sorry, i cant provide the reference wad. Note that all those effects are being usend on a Vavoom project at now, so i cant reveal any more.
If you use Windows Media Player, you will be able to change Brightness, Gamma and Saturation, if you need.

I have uploaded the original video, if you want to download to your machine.

.WMV 14 Mb

Steeveeo said:

Could you upload the demo wad for this? Vid is too dark for my CRT...

Not necessary, all the effects can be done in other Doom ports as well, most of them are also commonly well known, so nothing special here.

Guest DILDOMASTER666

Nice effects, but why bother?