Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RiffRaff1138

Cumulative damage increase/weapon behavior change?

Is it possible with Decorate to code a weapon that either:

1. increases in attack damage, or
2. changes the way it behaves,

depending on how many of a certain item you're carrying?

The first case I think is rather self-explanatory, but for an example of the sort of thing I'm thinking of in the second case: Say, if you're carrying 0-9 of the item, the weapon fires normal bullets, 10-19 and its rate of fire doubles, 20-29 and it fires rockets, 30-39 and it fires two rockets, etc. Is that possible?

RiffRaff1138 said:

The first case I think is rather self-explanatory, but for an example of the sort of thing I'm thinking of in the second case: Say, if you're carrying 0-9 of the item, the weapon fires normal bullets, 10-19 and its rate of fire doubles, 20-29 and it fires rockets, 30-39 and it fires two rockets, etc. Is that possible?

quite possible, it could either us an ACS script to make some sort of counter that adds a dummy items to the players inventory.

A_JumpIfInventory() is your friend in this case, no matter how you use it.

Ah. Yeah, that'll do it. Thanks. The thing I needed this for is still in the very early planning stages, but I'll play around with coding the weapons to make sure I know what I'm doing when I get to that point.

Well, while I still have this thread open, I had a few other ideas. I'm not sure if I'll actually use them in anything, I just want to know if and how they might be done:

1. A living item. That is, an item that moves around, can be shot and killed, and has a different effect depending on whether it's alive or dead when you pick it up.

2. A blocking object that, when Used, is picked up as a weapon. When fired as a weapon, it acts as a projectile, and then becomes a block again upon impact.

3. A weapon that freezes time and inverts the color. I can figure this out pretty easily as an inventory item, but I want to know if it's possible as a weapon.

RiffRaff1138 said:

3. A weapon that freezes time and inverts the color. I can figure this out pretty easily as an inventory item, but I want to know if it's possible as a weapon.

Yes, it's possible.
You can use ACS scripts in DECORATE (Just add "A_" prefix), so you can do it. I made a weapon that when fired, freezes everything.
It places TimeFreeze into inventory and freezes time.