Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Clusterone

Zdoom (doom in doom format) help

Ok i really don't know how to word this so i will try. I want to make my levels in zdoom (doom in doom format) (so i can have all doom and doom 2 things and make slopes and all that and all Zdoom stuff) but when i go to files zdoom (doom in doom format) is paired up with my C:\doom\doom.wad file
What file am i supposed to use??? and if it is Zdoom.wad where do i get it??? it didn't come with my Zdoom.
Thanks :) (also what do i pair up with the other ones (zdoom in hexen format etc.)

Pair it up with doom2.wad, or I guess just doom.wad if you don't have doom2. Anything involving Doom, except for just "Doom" and "Ultimate Doom" (which will be paired up with doom.wad) are going to be paired with doom2.wad.

ZDoom (Doom in Doom Format) is pretty much deprecated; if you want to be able to take advantage of a lot of ZDoom's features, you'll need to use Doom in Hexen Format. This doesn't require you to have a copy of Hexen or anything like that, it's just Doom 2 using a different map format.

Oh ok cool :) so i can just hook up doom2 to doom in hexen format???
Also how do i make files??? Me and my brother are making levels for a wad we MIGHT release depending on if the levels are good or not but when i send him a file it opens but it just brings him to doom 2 Map01
and i dont want to send him the WHOLE entire doom2.wad file every time. Oh and when he tries to edit it in doombuilder he cant. Any suggestions???

You assign specific iwads to specific mapping modes in tools -> configuration -> files.

Once you've selected your doom2.wad file for ZDoom (Doom in Hexen format) and you want to make a new map, then don't open doom2.wad in Doom Builder. Just click file -> new map. Select ZDoom (Doom in Hexen format) in the drop-down menu, and put "map01" in the "map name" box. When you want to save your map, use file -> save and call it anything you want. To play this map later, just drag that new file onto the ZDoom icon and start a new game.

By the way, this is fairly basic stuff you're asking. You should read the Doom Builder tutorial here:

http://drsleep.newdoom.com/data/doombuilderguide.pdf