Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
entryway

Remain3 by Eternal

After little bit of testing I want to post some screenshots from upcoming Eternal's Remain3 project for GZDoom.

It is interesting for me how people will take zdoom levels with simple layout, because I use zdoom only for projects which use zdoom to the fullest (like kdizd, super sonic, action doom 2, etc)

This project is one of the first projects by Eternal. All maps (01-13) were 95% done before remain1 (remain1 is for doom2, remain2 is for boom, remain3 is for gzdoom) and other his levels were released.

Haloless0320 said:

Looking good,I just downloaded it.

You can not download that because it will be released in few days :)

Looks very interesting. And someone has spent a lot of time on this. Am curious to see the finished product.

*Reminds me of Soldier of Fortune for some reason. Not that that is a bad thing. Soldier of Fortune was cool.

It looks very cool! I see that you're remaking "Tricks and Traps" in one of screenshots. I am looking further into this project.

The first screenshot is breathtaking. I do underestimate how powerful GZDoom is sometimes. I like the lightning bolt.

kristus said:

kind of reminds me of ETQW.

Seconded

Nice screens here, good work !

Chu said:

The first screenshot is breathtaking. I do underestimate how powerful GZDoom is sometimes. I like the lightning bolt.

I totally agree with you

That lightning bolt is dynamic with cool sound effects (burst of thunder after few second after blink). This is a map12 - the best in the mapset IMO

Very nice, I really love how this looks. Im a GZDoomer myself and this blows anything I've ever made out of the water.

entryway said:

I totally agree with you

That lightning bolt is dynamic with cool sound effects (burst of thunder after few second after blink). This is a map12 - the best in the mapset IMO

Can easily do it in EDGE as well, but it looks really cool for some reason here. ^^ Still wouldn't use GZDoom, but you know. ;)

Maybe because I see so many ports with Software and when I think OpenGL it's either EDGE or Legacy. . =)

Nice use of textures and flats by the way. I love realistic looking mods.

Chu said:

Nice use of textures and flats by the way. I love realistic looking mods.

Generally the wad is simple per se. Basically it is in "zdoom in doom" format, but with some gzdoom features and DECORATE. There are no scripts, detail is medium and jumps are not allowed, because this wad is a retrospective show of the classical Doom from the height of today's abilities of "zdoom in doom" format.

We'll place Remain3 in idgames/incoming today

just in time too, I just got high-speed internet installed, so now I can download this

Don't you think you should have credited some of the texture authors? I see no mention of any of the creators anywhere. Same goes for the decorate monsters.

Where am I supposed to go in Map 2 after getting the Yellow Key? I found the Computer Map in a secret area, and I still can't figure it out.

Naan said:

Completed it. Definitely cacoward material. I want more !

Map 13 is insane.

Map 12 and 13 were my favorites. I had to noclip through part of Map 9, though. I just couldn't figure out how to open that gate for the last part of the level.