Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Clusterone

Help with zdoom(doom in hexen format)

I just need help making a door, I have read the doombuilder guide but it says nothing about doom in hexen format. I like Zdoom (doom in hexen format) because you can do WAY more but i can't make doors. I can make doors in the other formats no problem. But for ZD(DIHF) i can't.
Please help. Thanks

Use linedef action 12 (Door Raise), fill in the arguments how you want them (those are the little boxes labeled "Sector Tag" "Movement Speed" ect. on the right side of the line properties window). you must be sure to click on the "Activator" drop-down menu and select the appropriate activation method (usually this is Player Presses Use). finally, check-mark the "repeatable" flag, or else this door will only work once.

I tried all of those things my door doesnt seem to open. It makes the noise but doesnt open.
I have the sector height of the door at
so if thats the problem let me know

well in that case you just use the Door Locked Raise action instead. a new argument appears called Key Number, and you enter a number to determine which key opens the door.

1 = red key
2 = yellow key
3 = blue key
4 = red skull
5 = yellow skull
6 = blue skull

I think, might have gotten those crossed. experiment with it and you'll figure it out pretty quickly as the door will tell you which key you need to open it.

You can check the key numbers by looking at the LOCKDEFS lump in ZDoom.pk3, or by looking at the ever-helpful ZDoom wiki.