Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
XiaoYangGuang

A new project, uses GZDOOM [Warning, uses some large pictures]

I am currently making my apartment in DB for GZDoom, and later i will probably reuse the textures for mod etc, the pictures shows some errors, but they will be fixed

1. I think its awesome
2. is it for doom1 and 2??? If so HOW DID YOU DO THAT! lol
3.If its for doom3 its awesome i like the microwave and the sink :)

When I first saw these pics I thought you were showing us photos of your apartment for some reason. Nice job! :D I now know that it IS possible to make convincing house-type settings in Doom's engine...

To give it some actual gameplay value, you should consider making the environment as interactive as possible. It looks really good so far.

looks very cool. Will be really interesting to see how it plays.

Good luck with it.. :)

Well, I would first like to request some BIGGER screen shots... It's kinda hard to see. Secondly, this is pretty impressive. Good work!

nightmare93 said:

Well, I would first like to request some BIGGER screen shots... It's kinda hard to see. Secondly, this is pretty impressive. Good work!

If you click on the thumbnail images, it'll take you to the full-size shots.

Thats crazy. I mean that in a good way. My favorite has got to be the microwave. The textures are very good.

Nice work there...! Now I finally got to see your apartment! I guess more people use Midea microwave ovens...! And I have to agree with Inferno about the use of textures, well done.

Are those chopsticks floating in the sink water there? And is this project actually going to be playable? Or just for esthetics?

The shots are cool but loading a couple made me feel as if I were using a 56K modem (when I'm on cable). JPGs or maybe more compressed PNGs would load much faster online.

StupidBunny said:
I now know that it IS possible to make convincing house-type settings in Doom's engine...

You mean the GZDoom engine.

Looking good. It's certainly an improvement on all those 1994 "my house" WADs. :)

Enjay said:

Looking good. It's certainly an improvement on all those 1994 "my house" WADs. :)

A LOT of things are an improvement over said WADs. This just happens to be among the best.

Although, as myk correctly pointed out, this was done with GZDoom. (Not that that makes it any less impressive, really...) ;)

hardcore_gamer said:

But this looks very nice, but i have the feeling this will turn out to be more of a art gallery rather than a map.

There's nothing wrong with releasing an art gallery map if that's what it was intended to be. I'm assuming at this point that this is definitely more about looks than gameplay.

Or maybe I'm wrong, and there actually will be a zombie hiding in the fridge.

Oh shit! The hamburger helper came to life and it's trying to eat my brain! Quick, grab the BFG underneath my pillow!

Nice looking setting, would almost be a sin to splatter it with gibs.

myk said:

The shots are cool but loading a couple made me feel as if I were using a 56K modem (when I'm on cable). JPGs or maybe more compressed PNGs would load much faster online.

<offtopic> They're mostly 48bit - my least favourite image depth and a terrible waste of bandwidth. </offtopic>

Heh, no wonder they're so damn big then.

I was wondering what was making them so needlessly large, but didn't feel like investigating it myself. :p

A "my house" map that actually looks good? Blasphemer.

Somehow I get the feeling that it'll be difficult to make good gameplay out of it unless you aren't going to make it a run-and-gun map, but it at least looks awesome.

Something about total and complete losslessness (did I just make up a word?) of image quality. But it's still like watching thick crap slide through a funnel.

Edited for a reason.

To those who wonders, this map will not direcly be used for gaming, but most of the things made to make it look like this, will be reused, as will the style of scenery.
Thanks for all positive commenting, it really makes me happier and more able to complete this thingy

Here is some progress, I have made sveral textures today, among the washing machine texture, but I havent made use of much of it yet, until then, you can check these screens.. The color of some of the thing seems a but too strong so I will probably adjust that, I was considering to make 2d tootbrushes etc hah, but making them look 3d is more interesting, and I will try my best to take away the look of simplicity.

Sorry for the large pictures here... seems like it didnt work the way I wanted..

here comes some new screens, though the things onscreen are not perfect yet..

http://i34.tinypic.com/6i78te.png

http://i36.tinypic.com/2edp7rk.jpg

http://i35.tinypic.com/jjmcs7.jpg

http://i38.tinypic.com/nbvlkx.jpg

http://i35.tinypic.com/seoiky.jpg

I hope you enjoy the progress, and please comment :) thanks!

Wow. That wire alone must have taken some serious dedication.

Yeah, this is still really impressive. Now, what would really complete it is:

-Many more vertexes on small round objects. This should be possible eventually with a UDMF editor.
-Texturing that's yet more accurate for interiors. The wall tiles don't quite seem to be placed right. Perhaps in some rooms it would be easiest to just replace them with a flat paint job, and more realistic. (There should still be tiles behind the sink, of course.)