Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Crendowing

Logo

Plain and simple: Should there or should there not be the old DOOM logo everyone knows and loves on the box for Doom 3 when it comes out? (sorry, my answers aren't as extensive as before)

I would prefer a modifyed version of the old DOOM logo - one that ain't blue, but more red.

The old classic DOOM logo is definitely great, I think the best would be if they could stick to an enhanced version of it.

The old logo's font is crap. Blocky.

That's why I want it modified.

I want either a nice modified one, or a brand spanking new one. As long as it says "doom" I'm happy.

I want either a nice modified one, or a brand spanking new one. As long as it says "doom" I'm happy.

...As long as it doesn't loke like shit either...

The (old) DOOM logo would look awesome if it was saucily 3D modelled & rendered, in high resolution and not scanned from a painting :)

Perhaps it shouldn't be as tall either. Evolution of typography takes place under a crushing ceiling.

The (old) DOOM logo would look awesome if it was saucily 3D modelled & rendered, in high resolution and not scanned from a painting :)

Well, that would be nice, but the glossed logo on the Collector's DOOM box was a nice start.

Well, that would be nice, but the glossed logo on the Collector's DOOM box was a nice start.

I already modeled it. You can't do much to enhance it. A couple of bevels make it nicer and some good texturing really boosts the looks of it. But you can't really modernize the font, or at least I can't figure out how...

What do you guys think if someone can come up with a logo with a cool 'D', just like the logo for quake series. I think that'd be acceptable

What do you guys think if someone can come up with a logo with a cool 'D', just like the logo for quake series. I think that'd be acceptable

Nah, the 'Q' logo looks good partially because it's symmetric, I doubt you could make a 'symmetric' 'D'. Besides I want a logo that does NOT remind me of Quake in any possible way (these heretics who dare think that that the New Doom "is just another Quake" shouldn't be justified in the least!).

Yea, you've got a point there. However, I think we should have a new suitable logo for the new doom theme. Unlike to stick with the original big purple + yellow ugly fonts of old doom's logo. Beside 'D', bet we could use something else such as UAC or the one look like Zaldron/Flathead's logo(2 "C"-like circles duplicated), but I don't know if it's right to put on '3' along with on it.

the old logo got old, we need something fresh. the whole doom feel seems to be aqua green/black and technical. I expect the logo to match that theme.

So far I really like the one I remade for Flathead's site. It reminds me of System Shock II, the most perfect choice if we take in mind the intentions of the game and the chronological settings.

I think it would be awesome if they put the word 'doom' on the front in an all lower-case technical-looking font in green or turquise letters. Of course, I'm into the whole Matrix thing, and I'd do that to everything if I had the chance. Either that or Hellish-Gothic thingies. :)

Yea, you've got a point there. However, I think we should have a new suitable logo for the new doom theme. Unlike to stick with the original big purple + yellow ugly fonts of old doom's logo. Beside 'D', bet we could use something else such as UAC or the one look like Zaldron/Flathead's logo(2 "C"-like circles duplicated), but I don't know if it's right to put on '3' along with on it.

Then how 'bout the new UAC logo?

www.ua-corp.com

nah the new uac logo looks ugly, i'd like to prefer something cooler than that, and yes zaldron i agree so far flathead's logo and the one by you(or whoever it was by, the green one) are awesome

Stick the word "doom" on those sexy gears zaldron made for deadnails site and I'm happy =]