Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Patrick

Action Doom 2 - Walkthrough, Secrets and Inside Jokes

Hey, I finished the very first sniper man fight. There is a house with a police car now, but I don't know how to go on... Is there a walkthrough anywhere? Thx!

to beat the house level, you need to get into the basement of the house. This can be accomplished by falling through the floorboards in the main room, or going around the back and using the stairs. In there you will find a tank of gas which you can either use to start a generator or power the chainsaw if you've found it.

Choice (A) Search the basement to find a tied up cop, break a wall with a shovel (also found in the basement) and find a way into the shed from within the basement

Choice (B) If you have found the chainsaw, use the Gas tank to power it and get into the shed by breaking the boards with the chainsaw.

Necros20 said:

How do I destroy the helicopter at the end?

After dodging bullets for a bit, the chopper will accidentally knock down the old cannon thing hanging on the wall above the door you came in. Pick up the cannon, aim, and fire. You've only got one shot though, so make it count.

Next up... Imp Encounter: The Second Encounter...

Impse on monitor in high-level office lol

Firetruck on Bridge has Transformers symbol

Also, there're quite a few spots with HoM effects. Looking to the sides of the front porch of the house, inside the shed with the gas can, inside the house there's a really, really bad-looking closet which causes the entire game to garishly jump, if you freeze an enemy on the bus on the bridge and he slides into the door where enemies spawn from you're stuck, same for any place where you can A: Freeze enemies and B: Enemies spawn behind a closing door, there's no notice as to where to go after you kill everyone in the dojo with the sword, why was level 05 not used in the game?, can get stuck in turnsible of subway, more if I remember it.

I JUST FOUND SEVERAL OF THE 9 OBJECTS:

NECRONOMICON
How to get:
1)Go to the FOREST level (idclev08)
2)Avoid mines and look for a destroyed car. (Hint don't go pst the river) Pick up empty chainsaw.
3)Survive until you get to the shack (SPLATTERHOUSE)
4)Siphon gas from the Genirator and fill the chainsaw.
5)Go back to the first floor. (where you fell down the hole)
6)As you enter the house (From the front door) turn to the right and you will see a boarde up room. (Saw it down and go inside.) You will see the words DEAD BY DAWN written in blood.
7)Now drop back down the hole.
8)Go down the hall and you will see (or not necicarily SEE, I mean its almost pitch dark in der!) the hall is a bit longer. GO and you will find the NECRONOMICON from the EVIL DEAD sereis. (100,000)

WORLDS LARGEST CUBIC ZERCONIA (idclev01)
1)Go to the APARTMENT level
2)Go into the closet and pick up the FIRE EXTIGISHER
3)Use it on the door next to the file cabnits. (the one that is slightly open, not the closed one.)
4)Open the door, go in and pick up the AMMO, BAT, and jump the boxes and grab the COMIC BOOK (50,000)
5)Go outside jump on the closest dumpster
6)Run jump from there oto the fire escape
7)climb to the top and use the bat on the grey wall.

ACTION DOOM BOX
1)GO to Phylex (lobby) (idclev06)
2)Kill every one in the room.
3)Go to the computer and use the computer that says GUN LOCKER
4)Look behind you the picture of THE SCREAM moved.
5)Grab the PISTOL, AMMO and hit the button that says DON'T TOUCH!
6)One of the big pictures in the lobby opens up go in it and open the door and you will find the ACTION DOOM BOX (100,000)

MORDETH'S COMPUTER (idclev03)
1)Go to the 3-way choice. Cheat: idclev03 (After figthing the "VILLAGE PEOPLE")
2)Destroy all the trsh cans and you will eventualy find the APARTMENT KEY.
3)Go into the apartment labled LAHAUT
4)Go to the right and find and steal MORDETH'S COMPUTER

JHON ROMERO BOBBLE HEAD (idclev04)
1)On the SUBWAY FIGHT (Right befor BEBOB & ROCKSTEADY) On the last Train car, you will knotice a dark square (other color than the wall.)
2)Press it Twice.
3)Grab the TURKEY, FIRE EXTINGUISHER, CANADIAN MONEY, GOLD, and BOBBLE HEAD.
If the Stapler, Katana, chainsaw, Dark Katana Box or comic count ive found them all too

If you read further you find out i found the other 9. I just didn't put them up so I wouldent be any more of Spoiler. Unless you want me to write the rest up. Ill stop.

Certain people among us (me included) found them ALL.

In fact, I submitted the First winning E-Mail on the very first day AD2 was out. It wasn't answered until the next day, but hey.

Fun to note... try cheating/clipping to get to the AD Box. You also don't need the chainsaw to get the necronomicon. If you can't find the super secret on the bridge level... think secret shop in River City Ransom. The forest is easily the best secret... and the final level is probably the trickiest to find (it's possible you won't make it appear).

Also, playing map 1 on the hardest setting will change the appearance of Superpants...

How do I get the bobblehead? I'm trying for a max score run on Very Hard after beating the final battle no guns on hard, but I can't figure out how to get the subway door to open and give me the dang bobblehead.

EDIT: Also, I got the Summon Maggie cheat last time I beat the game. I was wondering if the game coughs up any more cool cheats for beating it under specific conditions.

How to get the perfect weopon array.
1) Open the console (Default=~)
2) Enter the following cheats in any order:
Give Actionblunderbuss = Gives you the Blunder buss aka hand cannon
Give Tube = TP Tube (Unbreakable Katna)
Give Shuriken = Gives 3 shuriken
Give Dragonfists = Gives you faster punches and Secondary punch is Haduken (Fire Ball)
Give Actionchainsaw = Gives Chainsaw
To reload the gunz use the cheat (can only be used outside the console) idkfa.
If use all the shuriken before you use idkfa you will need to enter the shuriken cheat again.

Has anyone else noticed a flaw in this particular route:

subway (with Phylex lead) -> lose fight with R&B -> woods (with chainsaw) -> house (siphon gas) -> chainsaw Hugo -> good ending (new life with Mary).

The game ends there despite the fact he knew about Phylex, surely if he knew that he'd have gone there after killing Hugo. (leading to bad ending with hospital suicide)

Thanks for the tip about the bobblehead secret. Is there a cheat code for the brass knuckles? It seems kinda silly that the only way to get them is to get the worst ending (You don't even get half the final battle!).

Also, I don't remember the list of items, but I do know there is precisely one for every map in the game, including the choice map.

EDIT: In addition, how long does whiskey damage resistance last? I never notice it when it vanishes.

Is the life bar supposed to obstruct the number of secrets in each level? I would like to be able to see that, at least...

Should I be playing with full mouselook or just Doom style turn-only?

Is the katana alt-fire supposed to actually BLOCK anything?

And does the zombie map have a goal other than survival?

Finally, I sincerely hope this game is not a representation of what real defense contractors do.

Also, TheOnlyGoodGoth. I lol'd heartily.

Ultra EDIT: DAMMIT. Beat Crisp at max difficulty to the tune of 1.95 million and got the same dog summon cheat. I must be doing something wrong. Maybe I should gamble.

Omega Edit: Is weapon damage variable? It always seems like they don't do the same amount of damage...

Brass Knuckles are only found on the bridge, dropped by the boss.

There is a special, 100,000 point item for every level.

Whiskey is just Armor... it lasts until you take enough damage that you have none left.

I play with full mouselook, but Doom style turning would probably work. I hooked up a PC to my TV and played AD2 with a gamepad and it worked fine and I did very little looking up and down.

The Katana will only block projectiles (bullets, thrown knives, etc)... but it can't block the Helicopter's gatling gun.

Nope, the zombie map is just survival. It was originally going to be a map included with the game, but the city was cut. Rather than throw it away, I had Isle add zombies.

You were just shy of the next cheat.

Most Melee weapons do standard Doom Damage... damage*(1-8). Some weapons, like the guns and sledgehammer (possibly a few others) do a precise ammount of damage.

YESSSSSSS!!!!! I FOUND ALL OF THE ITEMS!!!!! ALL 9!!! WOOOO HOOO.
ZIRCONIA
M's COMPUTER
BOBBLE HEAD
GOLD BAR (AKA. Boop, BeeP, Ect.
COIN (AKA Barf)
TP TUBE
ACTION DOOM BOX
NECRONOMICON
WINDOWS SCORCE
Super Secrete Item (0 points) DAIKATANA BOX

I ALSO HAVE BOTH SUMMON CHEATS (If theirs more, plese tell.)
I won't spoil the actual cheats, but just so people know I have them both I'll use Generic names, The DOG. And the COP.

Personal top score. 221520 (No Gambling)

Lol, try summoning a cyberdemon, and you will get some invisible thing that fires gray particles that punch you. Summon a friendly one, and you will have the ultimate ally.

Also, is Sgt. Johnson a reference to Halo? He looks quite like him, he's a sergeant, and he's fun to spam.

Does anyone else find it kind of odd that actually saving the cop at the old house results in a bad ending while leaving him there to die actually results in a good ending? :\

Craigs said:

Does anyone else find it kind of odd that actually saving the cop at the old house results in a bad ending while leaving him there to die actually results in a good ending? :\

And the Phylex Building almost ALWAYS results in a bad ending.

You know, when I play new Doom levels, I have a tendency to spend way too much time looking around, pressing walls, trying to find secrets. In some cases, this gets way out of hand - if I know that there are secrets in a map, and I can't find any no matter what I do, I may just get mad and give up on a wad entirely. So, when I first loaded up Action Doom 2, I decided: this time, screw secrets. Trying to find goodies in each and every piece of decor would ruin the experience, and would essentially be a slap in Scuba Steve's face. So, I am just going to kick the crap out of these thugs. It was fun - I managed to hit a good Phylex building ending, and then stopped playing instead of trying to pull the levels apart in subsequent runs.

Then I see the massive lists of secrets in this thread, every single one of which I missed. Secrets which were placed for me to find.

Jeez, I just can't get it right.

Most People have prolly olready know about this, but if you take the forest path: in crisps office the water tank is full of blood. Thats not the surprising part! If you drink it, instead of you gaining 1 health sprite, you get full heath.

This would mean 2 things. (Possibly 3)
1.Crisp iza vamp
2.Doomguy iza vamp
(Possible) 3. Doomguys daughtor iza vamp

WTF!!!11!!one!

EDIT: OOPS! I just found out its wine. Also It dosn't matter which rout you take you just need to press the secret ISLE Box

Orly!
How cannu tell?

I will also point out an easter egg one has yet to point out.
In Crisp's office: of the 4 wepoans (save the blunder buss) are
A random Ax
The Master Sword (LoZ Seriese)
Some sword from Fire Emblum
And the final one my freind said was Clouds sword! Plz tell if it iz.