Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ReX

Espi: Bad news regarding one of Doom's premier mappers

Espi (Esa Repo), one of DooM's most respected mappers, has epithelioid sarcoma on his arm. This is a rare type of cancer, and is virtually untreatable. He reported that he was going to have surgery to remove his arm last Friday. This is terrible news in general, of course, but it strikes a blow to the DooM community - as a result of his surgery Espi will not be able to work on his computer (at least for quite a while) and will not be able to continue with his DooM mapping endeavors.

Join me in wishing Espi the very best for a speedy and complete recovery.

ReX said:

but it strikes a blow to the DooM community - as a result of his surgery Espi will not be able to work on his computer (at least for quite a while) and will not be able to continue with his DooM mapping endeavors.

Yeah, because that's something we care about right now?

Espi: I hope you get well fast and not let this pull you down.

Please let espi know that I wish him the best luck and a speedy recovery

cancer is a terrible thing, and I think this just gives me one more reason to quit smoking

Oh man. I really hope he pulls through.

I'm sadder for the man than for the maps, though those are another great loss.

My grandmother is going through treatment for a fast-growing cancer in the brain...we are seriously hoping it succeeds in putting the cancer down.

Anyway, I hope everything goes well for Espi. It is too bad that he can no longer map, but as long as he can recover and continue to live well then the maps are a small matter.

Wow, that really sucks. And at such a young age...

I dearly hope that it hasn't spread past his arm. I can't imagine how it would be to just lose use of your arm, and even the whole limb. Being on a computer is not even an issue compared to some routine tasks in one's day that most of us consider easy, will now possibly become difficult and frustrating for him.

Espi, I wish you the best in recovering from this. Good luck!

omg Espi has to be one of the greatest doom mappers ever, I REALLY hope everything turns out for the best in the end.

Well that certainly sucks. Hope it kicks the cancer out for good, though...

Wishes of wellness to you Epsi. As many as I can possibly offer.

No, not Espi... :(

I hope he pulls through, and if he does that he is able to function without his arm. This really sucks bad...

This is really bad news. Espi is one of the most talented mappers that we have. I really hope he gets well soon.

Damn that fucking blows. I hope you get better real soon. Don't let this bog you down.

ReX said:

but it strikes a blow to the DooM community - as a result of his surgery Espi will not be able to work on his computer (at least for quite a while) and will not be able to continue with his DooM mapping endeavors.

Screw doom. I'm sure he has much more important things on his mind then doom at the moment.

lupinx-Kassman said:

Screw doom. I'm sure he has much more important things on his mind then doom at the moment.

Eh yeah but this is how most of us here know Espi is through his art, so it's kinda important too.

This is really unfortunate, but I agree with Use. Espi has created some of the most beautiful works for Doom, and this community knows him best through his contributions. Of course we wish him the best and put his personal interests above our want for his works... but that doesn't mean we also can't be sad to lose his wonderful contributions for the mean time.

I hope everything turns out the best it can, Espi :(