Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shaikoten

The Great Outdoors - 32in24 Labor Day Project

This may or may not end up being a 32in24, but it will start midnight, EST, this labor day, and run for at least 24 hours.

Resource wad: http://sl4.poned.com/wasd/32in24-8-tex.zip

Rules:
* Outdoor Deathmatch maps only. The majority (at least 75%) of the gameplay should be outside of buildings. Maps should be for 4 to 8 players.
* ZDOOM FORMAT: no features are restricted as long as they are not overly frivilous. Should play fine online in Skulltag.
* NO SKULLTAG SPECIFIC TEXTURES OR FEATURES.
* Use only the resources included in the resource wad.
* No music: use ambient sounds in resource wad instead.
* Upload using speedyshare or some non-sucky host, private hosts prefered.
* Post links to completed maps in this thread.
* Deadline: Midnight September 1st

Guest DILDOMASTER666

I'm in. Now when do I get my liver transplant

So currently the ambient sounds aren't in the resource wad. I'm too tired right now. If anyone would like to add them, the vorbis files can be found at: http://cb-sc.com/doomstuff/32in24/ambient.rar

If someone can get this stuff ready and set up for use as ambient sounds, I'd be very appreciative. As a stopgap, cancel what I said in the rules earlier about not being allowed to include music. Small midis or mods are fine.

Guest DILDOMASTER666

Eh, nevermind, too tired.

This sounds great! I've always loved outdoor maps.

Oh shit, another 32in24! I guess it's about time I got off my lazy ass and started mapping again...

oh yeah! so this works out we create and detail our own layout? zdoom in doom format or zdoom in hexen format?

Yes, you can detail your own layout. ZDoom in Hexen is fine.

Also my DB crashes with the resource wad like every five minutes, so... not sure I'll be able to contribute maps.

For the record this isn't really a 32in24 unless by some miracle we get 32 maps; I never thought we would. I just put it under the 32in24 banner since it was 32in24-like. I might run another day for this next Sunday, who knows?

I've just reuploaded the resource wad to the same location, with the additions of warping liquid flats (W*), a non-animated waterfall to be scrolled downwards (WFALLSCR, at Zap610's request), and a bunch of trees I *ahem* borrowed from Stronghold. I haven't tested them so hopefully they'll work :|

Thank God something like this is coming out. My "The Field" map looked like ass and I've always wanted something open with the occasional building to snipe from.

My map's nearly finished. Just need to add the ambient sounds and maybe play around with the lighting, and it'll be up soon. :>

lupinx-Kassman said:

Im probably going to end up sitting this one out. I just have too much work to do this weekend.

CRAP. Yea, I think I'm probably not going to have enough time either ;_;. We'll see.

Don't fret guys. There will be extensions like no one's business. Just keep mapping. This isn't going to be "32" or "in 24."

Shaikoten said:

Don't fret guys. There will be extensions like no one's business. Just keep mapping. This isn't going to be "32" or "in 24."

Oh good! In that case, I'll probably start something either late tonight or tomorrow :D

Needs more trees. Or I can't seem to find them. Anyways, I'm making a really... mappy map. Shots will be provided whenever I feel like it, or more trees come along.