Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hardcore_gamer

EA is giving free copies of RED ALERT 1 !!!!

I still have my original CD. I got back into it after I figured out how to get IPX working on Vista so I could play against others.

Nice to see companies releasing these games for free.

Yeah I saw this yesterday its awesome. I still own my origional red alert cd with the aftermath expansion.

They also freely released C&C1 some time ago (last year I think?) if you're more interested in Tiberium-related shenanigans.

Trasher][ said:
They also freely released C&C1 some time ago (last year I think?)

Is that one still available? When it was released I had problems with the download thanks to my ISP and since then I forgot about it.

Graf Zahl said:

Is that one still available? When it was released I had problems with the download thanks to my ISP and since then I forgot about it.

As far as I know, it is still available. I'm not sure if EA is still hosting the file or if they dumped it on a mirror, though.

Edit: It's available from Filefront.

There's a sweet hack for C&c95 that makes it ultra-high res letting you see almost the entire map at once. Although, that's a bit lame for a multiplayer though since it makes it too hard to sneak up on each other.

Recently (except the past month I've been really busy) I've been playing RA1 and C&C95 three players.

Is RA1 multiplayer actually working in XP and Vista without the old beta 3.03 patch?

darknation said:

Hell March is still one of the sweetest video game music themes ever.

Quoted for truth!

I'm in agreement as well.

I have RA and both expansions but I don't remember when or where I got them...

Lord_Z said:

I have RA and both expansions but I don't remember when or where I got them...

Bought them both when they came out. Was the only RTS I ever really got into, mostly cause my friends at the time played it too, great game.

Hahha, I remember my cousin playing the original command and conquer and I was just watching him play because I was so mesmerized by it. His friend took out the disk and my cousin was still playing the level because it was still in the ram. My friends and I would also re-enact command and conquer on the play ground.

You can also get the original command and conquer for free.

i remember playing this game way back in the day... my dad would hog it. I remember waking up at 4 in the morning and seeing him still playing it.

Oh boy! I've played this game countless of hours with my friends when we were kids. I even made maps for this game, that editor was so manual! You placed pixel art on a canvas.

And yeah the music is epic and will always be. Hopefully Red Alert 3 won't dissapoint compared to the old one. Although I don't think it will top it.