Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Neon

My noob maps

Cool, a slaughtermap. I often like noob maps because they don't always follow typical conventions. I like the gameplay and simplicity. The only thing that bugged me was a few reverents were too high to hit if you don't use mouselook (but you could still try to infight them). I attempted a uv max boom demo if you want to see but died (probably because I should have saved rockets and used the shells on the cybers).
http://www.sendspace.com/file/bacvfk

Not bad. Lots of monsters is always fun (as long as it's balanced), and the unconventional use of the tiles is pretty cool; they don't necessarily match but it works.

Keep mapping its going good.

This is weird - the first map I ever uploaded to /idgames was also called Helevator.

Difficulty levels were used to implement various gameplay styles too.

EDIT: Downloaded - but I don't know how to run .RAR files...

purist said:

This is weird - the first map I ever uploaded to /idgames was also called Helevator.

Difficulty levels were used to implement various gameplay styles too.

EDIT: Downloaded - but I don't know how to run .RAR files...

Get WinRar or 7-Zip (7-Zip recommended for free use and slightly better choices on what to do with extraction).

After installing, for example 7-Zip, you right click the file and go to the menu that says 7-Zip, then choose "Extract Here" or plain "Extract Files", then after it's done, you'll have your files, simples steps.

Guest DILDOMASTER666

Interesting map. Much better than my first maps, considering your maps use textures that aren't STARTAN3, FLOOR4_8 and CEIL3_5.

Neon said:

Thanks for the feedback. What program do I use to run demos?

For boom demos like that you you can drag and drop the wad and lmp files simultaneously into prboom plus. Zdoom demos require the exact version (ie. demos made with version 2.1.7 won't work with 2.2.0). You might want to check if your doom2 wad is updated to the latest version since that was a problem I used to have.

[offtopic]Dang, I stil can't get the ggg001.WAD strategy to work. I've still got one more thing to work out, but it seems like I'd need a no-clip artifact to get it to work. I'll have to try more later since I've got work to do today. (Work on a Sunday!? *Grip grip.* >=( [/offtopic]

Anyways, while I was busy thinking about the other map, I made some demos of these two maps. The can both be downloaded here. I recorded a demo of Noobmap+.WAD before the revenants were changed, so if anyone still has the old version where you had to infight the revenants, I included that in the zip as well.

Shame on me. I see I haven't commented on these maps yet. I really enjoy these simple types of maps that are all about the gameplay. You seem to have a pretty good grasp of the technical side of mapping, Neon, since the maps had no glitches. I look forward to your future work! =)