Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fin3_

floor stuff

ok guys so im trying to make my floor align right but it wont do what i want. im using doombuilder and for some reason i cant move the floor textures! how do i do that?

The only way to align floor textures (unless you are using zdoom) is by aligning your lines to the grid. The floor textures do not move under normal circumstances, ever.

There is usually no need to align floors. Just move the wall a bit, or make a custom floor texture that fits the room. That way your map will work with all source ports (including the sucky Doom95) and not just zdoom. Not all Doomers use Zdoom.

GreyGhost said:

Welcome to Doomworld - don't feed the trolls. ZDoom is one of the many source ports for Doom - you can find out all about it here.

Except Doomworld's source port lists are way out of date for alot of in development ports.

It still lists Doomsday 1.8.3 (which is over 5 years old) and EDGE 1.29 for instance.

Morpheus said:

Or, if you want to do it the hard way with ZDoom, you can use Sector_SetFloorPanning and Sector_SetCeilingPanning.

Doesn't it make it scroll, though?

oh wow zdoom is sweet! lol! how do i put in panning? what do i do to get a script anyhow?

i think ill try that line thing and see if it will do what i want lol