Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
peoplethought

ZZZFACE (Icon of Sin) painting

Dude, this is intense. Good job! :)

If I had to recommend anything, I'd say make put something in the hole in it's head...either a brain, or the lava-ey texture used in the game. It looks a little out of place with the straight red.

But that's just my opinion. This is awesome either way.

StupidBunny said:

Dude, this is intense. Good job! :)

If I had to recommend anything, I'd say make put something in the hole in it's head...either a brain, or the lava-ey texture used in the game. It looks a little out of place with the straight red.

But that's just my opinion. This is awesome either way.

agreed. nice work with the textures. exposed brain would work well there.

Amazing. I think its fucking amazing!

I gotta go with Bunny and Vile on the brain though, I do think it would look a little better than just the red texture.

I was going to put a brain in there. As I explained earlier though, I have stopped working on it for now. I'll work on it slowly for a while now but I got all this done in two days.

I'm thinking about doing a real painting with a doom theme. It'll probably be about 18 x 24 on canvas and will have the same quality as this painting does. I'll mix several different monsters but I think a pain elemental in center would be nice. Would there be any problems with copyrights if I tried to sell it?

peoplethought said:

I'm thinking about doing a real painting with a doom theme. It'll probably be about 18 x 24 on canvas and will have the same quality as this painting does. I'll mix several different monsters but I think a pain elemental in center would be nice. Would there be any problems with copyrights if I tried to sell it?

As a fellow artist, I can possibly see the legal difficulties. Now, as a parody/tribute/inspired piece of art, you are mostly free from legal repercussion, and that's what I would call what you're thinking of. However, there are certain things that would cause problems; such as the Doom/id Logo or anything that can be identified as solely belonging to Doom/id software.

In my opinion it wouldn't be a problem, but it might not hurt to look up the specific copyrights.

That's just awesome! I love the gory bits around it's forehead. I can almost see it's mouth slowly opening and having the heat from it's mouth distort the image.

Paid to do this? Artists do art cause they would do art even if they are not paid.

Anyway, if this were painted on a real canvas, I have a friend that would buy this in a second. He collects canvas paintings of tech horror / demons. Like stuff along the lines of Aliens where its machine and demon combine.

Really? Is that what it says in the official artist handbook? I get more satisfaction from bringing my own creations to life. I haven't done much digital painting before so this was a test for me. By the time I had finished the detail around his eyes it was clear to me that I could handle it and I didn't need to continue. The only thing that would have made me continue working on this piece would be someone paying me to do it. I've moved on to creating original work now.

Original artwork is better for the artist. No royalties for the originator if sold :-)

What you're saying sounds like copyright violation. :)

But the quality of this picture, being drawn just with Photoshop, makes me think that creating artwork for Doom (sprites and textures) is not such a pretentious endeavour after all.

Making sprite graphics for Doom is pretentious because it takes a lot of time.

Perhaps "ambitious" would be a better choice of words since many people aren't familiar with the secondary meaning of "pretentious," though the way it's used in the sentence makes it somewhat obvious, IMO. Context clues, my friends. ;)

Death-Destiny said:

Context clues, my friends. ;)

Right. The context is that this is a forum, so if anyone uses a word in an unusual way, chances are that he's using it wrong. It's quite natural to be thrown off the scent in this case.