Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kurtkurt

How can i load WolfenDoom?

I download Wolfendoom, but in the archive i find just .WAD files. How i can load the game? Should i load it through Doom 2? Or through Wolf 3D? I hear about some programs to load WolfenDoom, but i dont know how. Can you help me? Give me explanation.

You can probably use any source port to play it.

Chocolate-Doom might be your best bet, since it's the closest thing you're going to get to vanilla doom (which this was designed for). Just remember to load the dehacked patch with the -deh command.

However, I think I used ZDoom when I played it, but I can't remember if ZDoom had problems or not with the dehacked patch. If it did then they were minor.

If the files are .wads then you will need to load them using a source port. You can't (at least I don't think you can) load those files through Wolf 3D. I would recommend using either ZDoom or Skulltag for this. Just drag the files onto the .exe and it should work. Alternatively, if the file you downloaded is a .zip, then you can just drag and drop that onto the .exe.

EDIT: Dang, beaten :'(

So i download the ZDOOM. But what now? Maybe i must create a .BAT file to add .WAD WOLF 3D's file? Cant you get me example (the command line) for load WolfenDoom? On Offucial site of WolfenDoom http://www.doomworld.com/wolfendoom/index2.html i see what i need DEUSF, Dehacked and MBF programs to run WolfenDoom. Where i can download these programs? Also i see command line
mbf.exe -file eisen.wad -deh eisen.deh . Is that right to load?

If you want a really decent Wolfenstein 3D conversion for Doom, you should really try Afadoomer's conversion. It's really simple to load, and it's a perfect recreation of both Wolfenstein 3D and Spear Of Destiny.

I'll supply the link:
http://www.afadoomer.com/wolf3d/downloads.html

It needs to be played with ZDoom. If you are going to use GZDoom (http://grafzahl.drdteam.org) secret walls can be pushed just like the old Wolfenstein 3D, instead of raising like normal Doom doors.

The WolfenDoom site hasn't been updated in a long time. All you need is ZDoom.

The command line arguments you need are:

-iwad (Which IWAD, or original game WAD, you want to load. In this case, it would be doom2.wad)
-file (Which PWAD, or Patch WAD, you want to load. This would be whichever WolfenDoom wad you're trying to play.)
-deh (DeHacked patch, if the WolfenDoom game you want to play uses one.)

For instance, if you're trying to play The Original Missions, you would run ZDoom with the command line parameters:

-iwad doom2.wad -file original.wad -deh original.deh

Most other Doom source ports should use similar parameters. If -file doesn't work, try -pwad.

TomoAlien said:

It doesn't work with Chocolate Doom.

Though the first port he mentioned to have got was ZDoom.

EarthQuake said:

I wonder why the command line he tried didn't work in chocolate...

For the same reason it didn't work for me - wrong IWAD.

I have little problem with WolfenDoom : Arctic Wolf. I load all twDo addons files, but loading Doom 2 with Wolf3D graphics. In archive with the game i found files GFX1.WAD and GFX2.WAD . How can i add these files to Launch command line?

With ZDoom and derivatives, just drag and drop to the exe.
On command line, just add them to the -file-command like this: "-file file1.wad file2.wad file3.wad"

because you need to load the main pwad as well as all the graphics/sound wads and the dehacked file.
if you are using zdoom, then just highlight all these files and drag them all at once to zdoom.exe

Anybody knows here, where possible to download Heretic and Hexen Doom Mods? NOT THE Heretic/Hexen .wads, i mean Heretic and Hexen for Doom 2 remakes.

If you havent figured it already here it is.
Arctic wolf starts on Map08 of Doom2 and you have to run it with Gfx1.wad up until map12 I believe.Laz explains it in the txt file that should have came with the zip.

kurtkurt said:

Anybody knows here, where possible to download Heretic and Hexen Doom Mods? NOT THE Heretic/Hexen .wads, i mean Heretic and Hexen for Doom 2 remakes.

I don't think there are any, and why would there be? Vanilla Doom isn't able to reproduce all effects from them anyway (since Heretic and Hexen use modified Doom engines) and enough advanced source ports support both Heretic and Hexen to make it pointless to make remakes of them on the source port, since instead of remaking an already supported game people could be making addons for those games.

There are a couple on Doom wad station.But it's like you said,Heretic and Hexen run on modified versions of the doom engine so it's simply doom with heretic/hexen graphics

How i can load DOOM 64: Absolution TC (DOOM 2 MOD) ? I download main wad and exe files (doom64_abstin.exe) but game isnt loaded. Also i think i need download JDOOM program. But it isn't downloaded. Please tell me how i can launch THIS MOD , tell me about command line. And if you can, send me JDOOM, because i can't download this. My e-mail is rkolybzev@narod.ru . Thank you. Can you send me .BAT file to launch the game?

From Absolution download page:

After download, simply run the excecutable and extract into your hard drive. A Doomsday installation is no longer required, so don't install into your Doomsday directory. After you install Absolution (the directory is already made), put your doom2.wad and music wad into the Absolution\Bin\Data\doom64\Auto\ directory. Then just run Absolution.exe in the Absolution\Bin\ directory and you're set!