Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lord_Z

How to add a texture to a wad

I know it's a dumb question but I can't for the life of me figure out why my texture does not want to appear in my map. In XWE I tried right-clicking on my picture (.bmp and .png) and adding it to texture1 and adding it to patches but when I quit and go to test it, it does not work. I read on a couple sites that it was that easy to do but it does not work for me. I tried the same process in SLumpEd with the same results. It does not appear in Doom Builder either. I also tried using XWE to merge my texture and map together but it still did not change anything. There are no error messages, all the appropriate markers and such are created including the PNAMES and TEXTURE1 folders when I opened my picture in XWE. I would put my map and texture-to-be up here but it is for CC4 and I might get in trouble if I do. By all accounts this should be an easy process but it will not work properly for me. I know it's probably something very simple that I have missed but if anyone could drop a hint I would be grateful.

It's really easy actually. Forget all of that stuff. Just have two lumps, tx_start and tx_end than drag a .png file in between those two and boom! There it is!

CodenniumRed said:

It's really easy actually. Forget all of that stuff. Just have two lumps, tx_start and tx_end than drag a .png file in between those two and boom! There it is!

...which won't work, because CC4 is a Boom-compatible project.

Thanks to Morpheus for getting my texture to appear in Doom Builder properly. Apparently it did not show for me because all of the Doom 2 textures were not in there with it. However, the sky has reverted back to it's original Doom 2 sky and not the one from the CC4 texture pack. There must be a way to add a single texture to my wad without using or messing up the Doom 2 or CC4 texture packs, am I wrong about this?

Bloodshedder said:

...which won't work, because CC4 is a Boom-compatible project.

It would work OK just for editing the map, on the assumption the texture will be merged into the final pack in the proper (BOOM compatible) way.