Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kristus

A call for help

The DHTP (Doom Hires Texture Pack) only needs 50 more textures until doom1 and doom2 have all there textures done in High Resolution.

Help is needed to make these textures.
You are allowed to use the textures already in the pack to make ones needed to be made.

These are the textures needed to be made

Regards KuriKai

EDIT by myk: This thread has been split. Please place non-immediate critiques and comments of a more general nature here.

You know, some ports support high resolution skyboxes, and there has even been a pack of skyboxes released for G/ZDoom. With that in mind, it would nice if the pack included hires skyboxes for ports that support them, but also a hires replacement for the default skies for those that don't.

Snarboo said:

You know, some ports support high resolution skyboxes, and there has even been a pack of skyboxes released for G/ZDoom. With that in mind, it would nice if the pack included hires skyboxes for ports that support them, but also a hires replacement for the default skies for those that don't.

Skyboxes will not be in this pack, it is a texture pack.
yes skys are in this pack

I'll look into remaking some of these, I can't promise anything because time is so limited lately, but who knows.

Might i suggest you do tanrock4 and then make tanrock5 out of it? as they use the same wall patern.

did you upscale and then add filters?

KuriKai said:

Fisk that is just childish.

This is serious

You DID say you needed these textures in a high resolution, so...

Guest DILDOMASTER666

Oh, come on, I'm just having a little fun, that's all. :P

(sniper) 109 said:

I would like to give a shot at "shawn1" and "shawn3"

sure.

Steeveeo said:

I believe this could've turned out better, but I have a cold and need sleep, so here's WOOD10:

Did you upscale wood10 and add filters?

Note to people trying to make textures: You can not use anything from the low res textures e.g do not upscale the textures and use filters on it.
They should be made from scratch or textures already in the dhtp

this is taken directly from the risen 3d hires texture's,If you want really good one's I suggest you contact them,they have made every texture so just ask them for the one's you need and they'll more then likely give it to you.

The Risen3D high res texture pack was built off a now very old version of the DHTP, which was made by many authors.

Since then Kuri became maintainer of the DHTP and gutted it of all the weaker textures and filters of the original ones and is slowly replacing them with textures of a higher quality.

He's asking for help to complete new versions for the last 51 textures that were removed due to their quality

And here is the link to the current build of the DHTP:

http://forums.yaa.dk/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=69

Note: Please do not post up textures from previous jdoom or risen3d texture packs. I am looking for Original textures.

Images need to be in powers of two e.g. 512x512 256x512 please submit your textures at least the size of 256x512. They also need to be in .png format

peoplethought said:

Will put up the activated version tomorrow.

I was looking through the comparisons and I was wondering where the Awesome.
I just have a few things that might improve it even more than it already is.
Could you try embedding the nails a bit more
and what does it look like with a little less shine?
and also have shading over the light pink stuff instead of the darker stuff, so the eye part looks more embedded into the wall and not stuck onto of it.

CeeJay said:

peoplethought: That looks freakin' awsome!

KuriKai: what about floor/ceiling textures?

the flats are already done

Embedding the nails more?

Making it less shiney. Ok I'll try this, but you realize these internal fleshy surfaces are somewhat slimey.

I assume what you mean by shading the lighter pink areas is that you think it would look better if the eye part matched closer the color of the skin around it. I don't really think that will improve it, but I will make a version like this as well just to see.