Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
KuriKai

Baron of hell, what is he made of?

I am going to make a high resolution version of this sprite and want to know what the general consensus on what he is made of is.

What is this guy made of

I think he could have the skin of his body ripped off so his muscles are exposed.
are the brown legs furry, skinlike, armour like?

I wouldn't have ripped open flesh myself, I never imagined that; just a hugely-built body ... but I have always imagined his legs being goat legs, so I guess they would be furry.

of course it's just my opinion.

I think his skin is dark pink, big muscles, and goat legs with fur. Now if you want to make a version (new monster) that has the muscles exposed go for it, that'd be a creepy creature.

Definitely not made of "sugar and spice and everything nice".

My opinion - from the waist up it's skin with a reddish pigment, below the waist it's fur and hooves. The hands ARE hands - check the attack frames - and would be the same colour as the upper body if they weren't enveloped in green plasma.

I think you got the part about its skin being missing right. This makes it feel pain all the time and enrages it, making its hateful character even more malicious and driving it with the desire to forcefully tear other creatures up to make them pay horribly for its pain and feel it tenfold.

KuriKai said:

I think he could have the skin of his body ripped off so his muscles are exposed.

The thought of a monster like that gives me nightmares

Pink, smooth flesh and leathery, almost fuzzy legs (more like velvet, not fur -- think antlers on a deer). The torn flesh thing sounds completely off. Look at the symmetry where the upper half meets the bottom half. The fact that the line separates the lower extremities from the rest of the body, hints that it takes from classic representations of centaurs.

First he is modeled out of clay, then scanned and recolored through an internal program.

Oh... wait... ohhhhhhhhh.

So wait. Hell Knights become Hell Barons when they rip their skin off and are empoweed with double health? That doesn't sound right to me. He just looks like he has pink skin and that he's got big muscles, IMO. =/

You can feel free to imagine the baron as having had his skin ripped off, but that definitely wasn't the intention of the original artists. The baron of hell has pink skin.

And the skin is pink thanks to higher vascularization, which suggests higher stamina than Hell Knight's, too.

The legs' fur (heh, furry) is brighter than Hell Knight's because it's cleaner.

EDIT: As for how to represent the glowing hands. Well, they would look better as glowing, as bright-green, than as burning with open green plasma.

I realize these creatures aren't exactly identical, but they definitely have red/pink skin.

The Baron from what I see for perspective is:

A humanoid mix of the well known Pinky (Demon for those unfamiliar), human, and well... Maybe an animal of like a goat.

The torso is of a human shape, it is most definelty NOT ripped skin, just buff... Why else do they have a huge pain in the ass PainChance%, huh? The legs seem to be just the goat portion, human/demon legs with goat fur and hooves.

So summary: A massive tank thats made more of Human torso shape, demon skin colouration, human legs covered in goat fur, and hooves of a goat.

Mine might not be best, but it surely describes more of what it is. :o

Don't forget the inverted knee. The Demon, Hell Baron/Hell Knight, and Cyberdemon all have them.

Half man, half demon, all evil!

For some reason I imagine the Knight as being a female version of the Baron. Though, I don't know whether or not there are genders amongst demons.

Lord_Z said:

For some reason I imagine the Knight as being a female version of the Baron. Though, I don't know whether or not there are genders amongst demons.

Someone else thought the same thing. ;-)

The demons don't have genders, IMO. I usually refer to them with gender-neutral pronouns ("it" as opposed to "he" or "she"). While it's really a mystery, I wouldn't think they would need to have genders since they all get spawned by the Icon as opposed to being born, making having genders irrelavant and purposeless.

Barons are made of confetti, BTW, after they cross doomguy. ;P

I remember finding this one website that attempted to scientifically explain and classify the anatomies and behaviors of the various demons. It stated that Hell Knights and Barons were separate subspecies, and that the lost soul and pain elemental are different genders of the same species. (The pain elemental was the female if I recall.)

What I find, though, is that Doom is a lot more interesting if the demons are not entirely biological...that there's some kind of supernatural-ness behind them, not to mention a lack of humanity, that makes their nature unexplainable. I agree that gender really has no meaning for demons, since they are spawned and not born, whether by the Icon of Sin or in spawning vats or whatever.

I always thought his upper body was shorter, finer fur of a pinkish-red color.

he has a goat head, er... I guess. that makes me think he must have full hair coverage.

bahahaha - Satyrus Rubercolorarea... cute name.

Word on the street is that Barons train hard and heavy, eat lotsa protein(raw meat), eat lightning and crap thunder.