Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Rancid-Radio

ok guys, back to work

doom 3 is still a relatively new thing, kinda, and allready they have created these wonderfull movies of game content. i read somewhere that doom3 is still in the research and development stages so i got to thinking. now i dont say that this is what i believe or am i telling you to believe it but what if the guys over at id so far have just spent their entire time working on these videos to show people and havn't even begun on the game, or have done very little with it. just an idea.

when you get payed a lot of money to do something, you do it (tm) =]

I also don't think it would take them this long to make two videos.

I once read an article/report by some Doomer from Newdoom, who had won some contest and was thus allowed to visit id Software.
He even got to see Doom 3, and he "reported" that most of the stuff he saw was from the video - but there was other stuff as well.
He ended the interesting Doom 3 part of his "report" by writing something like:

"The Doomers had better prepare themselves to get quite frequent nightmares when Doom 3 gets released"

referring to some of the models he saw. Of course he couldn't write what excactly he saw as he didn't want to be sued by the id guys (understandable).

Oh I wish that was true. Working in id is like my wet dream...

Ditto. In fact, it's my goal. Whenever I play Q3A on q3dm16, and I see the intern's severed head in the corner, I say to myself, "Someday, that will be my head with a cool shader effect sitting in a pool of blood!"

'Course, I'm going to school in Dallas, which gives me a bit of an edge... heh heh heh

If I had the chances, I'll gladly work either in id, Raven, Blizzard, or wherever is Warren Spector by then (ION, Manifesto, whatever).

If I had the chances, I'll gladly work either in id, Raven, Blizzard, or wherever is Warren Spector by then (ION, Manifesto, whatever).

Go apply for a job at Westwood and tell those bitches that they need to make a sequel for NoX.

Bah, Nox. I could work on a spiritual sequel for Ultima, though. Or in Bethesda maybe, as long as I'm on TES.