Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
EarthQuake

Something new to listen to. [New: Hope Sustained]

This is totally awesome, EQ. Very nice stuff, especially this latest one. You've been improving at a great rate! This could very easily fit in a doom level.

yeah you have a pretty good ear for composing doom music, i like them all so far. nice job.

I am going to use 'Hell Reigns' for my CC4 Map 30 Ragnorak. Expect to be credited! Nice work buddy.

BUMP.

Added new track "Judgement Day". It took me a while, but I had started 3 or 4 other tracks before I decided to sit down and do this one. I'm getting around to those tracks next. Got some good ideas brewing once again.

Please give me some feedback on what you guys think so far. If you have any particular styles or moods (not songs) you want me to focus on in the future, now is the time to bring them up.

Right now I'm trying to work on a consistent theme for one of my wad projects, so nothing too different. :)

EQ, that is simply amazing!
I think Hell Reigns Down is the best, it's just got that Hell Revealed and in general, Hell Theme music in it.

-Edit-
How would I implement it for Doom music replacement? (You know, not have crap Map01 music)
If I need a converter (XWE doesn't like the file...), where would I get such a thing?

The easiest way to add music to a WAD, is to find out what the music lump names were in doom.wad/doom2.wad (for example, D_RUNNIN is the lump name of MAP01's music) and insert the midi into the WAD with XWE using the lump name of the music you want to replace. It doesn't have to be converted to MUS unless you want it to work with Doom95.

Also, if your WAD is for a ZDoom-based source port you can use the MAPINFO lump to define music as well. Some non-ZDoom ports also support rudimentary MAPINFO support.

Edit: By the way, concerning the MIDIs, I'm pretty well aware that Hell Reigns Down is by far the best. It still is my favorite, hands down. It seems like that's going to be the swan song of my musical career. ;)

I downloaded all six tracks just now and had a good listen. They have a really unique musical approach. The structure and rhythm is really very cool.

Shankoo is actually my favorite, but Hell Reigns Down is a close second I think.

Nice work.

I love the newest track, Earthquake. :D
How is it going with the others?

EarthQuake said:

Edit: By the way, concerning the MIDIs, I'm pretty well aware that Hell Reigns Down is by far the best. It still is my favorite, hands down. It seems like that's going to be the swan song of my musical career. ;)

hell reigns down is my favorite of bunch too. it breaks off a bit suddenly at the 2:00 mark, it could fade out here in order to loop better when used in a map. it captures the feel of the hell revealed music well. if you like this style too, feel free to use it in future midis. i'd add some bass drums like in got got the gun to make it sound even darker and more oppressive. listen to the hrmus.wad/ROTT music for inspiration. yousuck.mid, taskforc.mid, excalibr.mid, watznext.mid are excellent examples ( here )

Imperial Army sounds a lot like one of Marc Pullen's works. It's great! :D

Oh and the link to Judgement Day is broken. :/

I like the sound of these songs, so I may use them in my maps.

Why FileSavr, needing to use stupid CAPTCHA to download such small files is a bit silly. Might I suggest using Megaupload or Mediafire?

Heh, this one is quite nice as well as the others. :)

Well, only thing I could suggest is to make a bit variation to it, as it sounds a bit much of the same as it is now. But I like it.

Yeah, I took a basic riff and pretty much expanded on it with different variations of the same riff. It is kind of monotonous, but I think the midi overall was a success. If I can put it on repeat for 6 hours straight and still tolerate it, it's a success in my eyes.

Then again, if people think my direction is going a bit off, that's fine. I'll just have to try harder next time around.

I can definitely see myself improving, although this latest piece is 100% original as compared to my other works. So far I've incorporated little concepts from music tracks that I have been fond of. I always start off thinking "I should transpose this into a midi track", but it always starts going into another direction once I've started. To give you some examples, these are my influences for each piece I've made so far:

• Charlton was inspired by a track from an NES game called Solar Jetman.
  • Shankoo was inspired by a different track from the same game.
  • Here It Comes was based off of a song by Flaw called Get Up Again.
  • There It Goes was loosely based off of a song by Darwin's Waiting Room called Feel So Stupid.
  • Hell Reigns Down was inspired by a song by Rage Against the Machine called Ashes In the Fall and various other songs by Otep.
  • Judgement Day is a compilation of two tracks from Fester's Quest for the NES; in particular, the boss battle and the sewers music track.
  • Imperial Army is an adaptation of Fish Eye by Apocalyptica.
  • Hope Sustained is a completely original work that was meant to blend Hell Reigns Down with Imperial Army, so as to provide some consistency (as I'm trying to create a consistent soundtrack for one of my wad projects). Thus, it sort of resembles Rage Against the Machine as mixed with Apocalyptica.
I hope this doesn't disappoint anyone, but I have spent a great deal of time and effort on each track. I just don't think I possess enough creativity to come up with something completely original everytime (yet).

I think it's about time I get this off my chest.

My latest work is proof that I have come a long way since the beginning, that I am capable of much more than simply "Bobby Princing" it. I will continue to improve and pump out new pieces over time and perhaps some day this will become so natural to me, that it will not require so much effort.

So far I am most proud of Hell Reigns Down, Imperial Army, and Hope Sustained. I really hope that people enjoy listening to these tracks as much I have had creating them. This is one of those potential talents that I really want to explore. Maybe something serious can become of this...

Rise from beyond the grave!

Sorry for the four year bump. All the links in the OP are, of course, long dead. Did anybody happen to save them? Or could EarthQuake reupload them on a safer place (such as DRDTeam file share)?