Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BattleCat

Does anybody still have my old crappy mod lying around (Bone Match) ?

Hey people. I was just wondering if anybody happened to have my old mod made for edge lying around. It was called Bone Match and featured Pikachu weapons, and I used the nick ViperBoy back then (lol). I've searched all over, including internet archives but they were all dead ends and dead links.

EvisceratoR said:

Hey people. I was just wondering if anybody happened to have my old mod made for edge lying around. It was called Bone Match and featured Pikachu weapons, and I used the nick ViperBoy back then (lol). I've searched all over, including internet archives but they were all dead ends and dead links.

I think i might have it somewhere on my harddrive... Do you remember the name of the ZIP file?

thanks so much :D Now i just need to find Edge 1.24, i think it was...

haven't been very busy with hobbies the last couple of years. I'll be finishing my education in 3 months - 5 years of studying will finally come to an end :) i have been doing somethings once in a while though, i have lots of unfinished games and music lying around :P

Yeah, it will DEFINETLY not work with rescent versions of EDGE. I remember EDGE back in those days being very unstable and buggy.

How do you get this thing to work? I tried Edge1.24, Edge1.31 and Edge1.31_beta2c. What did you do with this wad? lol

as far as I remember you just run Edge telling it to use the wad. Should be something along the lines of

edge32 -file bm20.wad

Can't remember for sure as I haven't had time to actually try it yet :P

edit: I did actually do something Doom related recently. Did a report in English class and I chose to write about DooM which got me the highest score possible :P

Deeforce said:

How do you get this thing to work? I tried Edge1.24, Edge1.31 and Edge1.31_beta2c. What did you do with this wad? lol

You have to use the -file command. Don't be surprised if it doesn't work with anything above 1.29. It's changed a lot since 1.24.

Hmm it doesn't seem to work at all with Edge 1.24 - perhaps I did in fact use Edge 1.23?

If that's the case I need someone to compile the source for it because that the only shade of version 1.23 I can find (located on the site i linked to previously in this thread) :-/

Looking at the DDF files, I'm fairly sure it was made for EDGE 1.26.

It _almost_ works in EDGE 1.31, some of the attacks (e.g. BM_CREATEMELEEFIRE) don't have an ATTACKTYPE command and this causes a slightly odd error message [which I've since fixed in SVN].

Also the new dynamic lighting is different, making the level too dark in places.

I've managed to make Bone Match work under 1.31, however all the effects I designed don't work anymore. Not from lamps nor from enemy attacks. I guess I might fix that sometime :)

But thanks everyone, you've been very helpful.