Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
herooftime1000

Time wasters.

Hello, hello. I need someone's opinion on this.

It's a series of videos called Time Wasters where I play through the games I like.

(This is NOT a Let's Play video! It's totally different! Kinda...Sorta.. not really...)

I'm playing through Castlevania: Rondo of Blood. Because I have a busted mic.(Everyone says I have an annoying voice anyway.) I use annotations for the translations and wise cracks in the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jMZKw5H_DQ

So here's the question(s). Should I make more? Is it not funny or even slightly amusing? Do you like it? Can I make a video of a game you like?

Sorry, I didn't find it funny in the slightest. I don't imagine it would be any more funny if there was someone talking over the top of the game instead of the annotations, either.

fraggle said:

Sorry, I didn't find it funny in the slightest. I don't imagine it would be any more funny if there was someone talking over the top of the game instead of the annotations, either.

I'm sorry to hear that. I guess it's back to flash and mugen for me.

Thanks for the honesty.

The annotation "That's not how to get ahead in life" was kinda funny given the context. However, most of the other annotations just seemed to be oh-by-the-way type remarks as opposed to jokes, though. If you want to make people laugh, you're going to have to use more wit to come up with interesting dialouge as opposed to just commenting on things that are happening. For instance, during the boss fight. I was thinking to myself "The player's going to get pwned" and sure enough the annotation "pwned" followed. You probably ought to try and think of jokes that aren't as easy to predict or that don't simply refer to something that just happened that the audience can see for themselves.

Technician said:

Needs more swears.

He said 'heck', what more do you want?

Where's that Kyka guy? I'll bet you'd have him rolling in the isles.

Death-Destiny said:

The annotation "That's not how to get ahead in life" was kinda funny given the context. However, most of the other annotations just seemed to be oh-by-the-way type remarks as opposed to jokes, though. If you want to make people laugh, you're going to have to use more wit to come up with interesting dialouge as opposed to just commenting on things that are happening. For instance, during the boss fight. I was thinking to myself "The player's going to get pwned" and sure enough the annotation "pwned" followed. You probably ought to try and think of jokes that aren't as easy to predict or that don't simply refer to something that just happened that the audience can see for themselves.

More wit, eh? Well, I'll try. Unfortunately, when it comes to making jokes, I try too hard and end up making it a boring joke instead of a funny one. Hmm...

I didn't laugh out loud, but I didn't find the humor to be lame. All I'd suggest is making more comments on what's happening in the game, like stuff the player would be thinking. That, and perhaps pop-up game trivia. I guess I watched it more as a gameplay video than something I'd want to laugh at.

Also, that Castlevania game looks kickass.

Death-Destiny said:

don't simply refer to something that just happened that the audience can see for themselves.

Coopersville said:

more comments on what's happening in the game, like stuff the player would be thinking.

Hm. To quote deathbringer:

uhhhhhhhh

Did you write any of this before making it? Cause it seems like inane comments off the top of your head, which isn't good for comedy unless you're funny. Next time, play the game, have a notebook with you so you can write some funny stuff, then make the video. Much better.

Also, hey Herooftime ;P

Just repeat the words cock suck and fuck all throughout the vid. Instant gold mine. Don't forget to shift the camera to your stupid face of frustration as you guzzle down cheap beer.

kristus said:

Just repeat the words cock suck and fuck all throughout the vid. Instant gold mine. Don't forget to shift the camera to your stupid face of frustration as you guzzle down cheap beer.

Or worse, copy the person who stole ideas and lines from the person who cusses and drinks. *coughIrategamercough*

Anyway, Use3d. You are right on the money. I made the annotations as soon as "Youwait" uploads my video. Maybe I need to see the video over and over again and see what I can think up. Ooh, how fun, I get to be like my heroes: Mike Nelson, Kevin Murphy and Trace Beaulieu.

The hard part is I'm not commenting on anything stupid or bad. I'm commenting on a good game so the humor factor runs dry.....

Wait a minute... What if I play bad games and make silly quotes on how bad it is? Augh...No. Disregard that, I'm sure that the concept of playing bad games has been done to death...

Creaphis said:

Hm. To quote deathbringer:

uhhhhhhhh

Coopersville said:

I guess I watched it more as a gameplay video than something I'd want to laugh at.