Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Eternus

Zombie Sprites

Hello Doomworld, once again, I ask a question (only this isnt because of a lack of understanding, rather a lack of artistic ability), does anyone know of any Unarmed Zombie sprites I could use? I've scripted a mod...then my partner (the one doing spriting) went inactive.

Thanks in advance.

CeeJay said:

What kind of a mod is it?

A mod that basically makes everything a zombie. I always wanted to be able to fight Melee Zombies in Doom so I've been creating a few of them (Fat (or a tank), fast, and normal). I will also add things like dogs or failed experiments.

CeeJay said:

What type of weapons/items are you planning on using? Original doom ones, or new ones?

New, why do you ask?

For a long time i have been thinking about doing a Zombie mod based on George A. Romero's zombie-films. The only real obstacles is the lack of usable zombie sprites...

CeeJay said:

For a long time i have been thinking about doing a Zombie mod based on George A. Romero's zombie-films. The only real obstacles is the lack of usable zombie sprites...

One has already been made
http://www.moddb.com/mods/zombies2

However, I don't really see anything that interests me (they don't look right for what I want).

Yeah i know all about that one. It was made WAY back in 1995 suffering from very poor graphics, level design, etc. (compared to todays standards) because of limited knowledge and utilities back then. I would kinda like seeing a remake or something.

CeeJay said:

Yeah i know all about that one. It was made WAY back in 1995 suffering from very poor graphics, level design, etc. (compared to todays standards) because of limited knowledge and utilities back then. I would kinda like seeing a remake or something.

Good luck with that, I'm simultaneously posting on a StarCraft modding site (these guys have got a way with sprites), to see if they may want to do it.

Vegeta said:

You can find a lot of zombie variants on the DOOM 2.5 files. You can get it here
http://www.mediafire.com/?1lzxtets0si

Wow those are really good. If I don't have any better sources I'll gladly use it.

EDIT: Definitely using, my friend is going to edit the zombies (since my art skills are the cat's ass) to our needs. Thanks alot :D

The zombie with rotten meat is a coloration of the Zombie from Ghost Buster DOOM 2.

Anyone know of any other resources? I myself am interested in regular, unarmed, particularly hungry, zombie sprites... or models, for that matter.

I've spent the better part of the last year working on a Day/Dawn/Land of The Dead/Dead Rising/RE inspired project, a city overrun with zombies and the main character fighting his way through them to set up a safe haven for the rest of the world. I'm pretty proud of my work; One level, a map of a city, full of shops/hotels/offices/government buildings, streets trashed and littered with cars, just about every area is accessible, easily about 5 hours of gameplay as is!

The only problem I have is that I have no zombies at all to fight! I've gone down many venues, from making my own sprites (horribly time consuming) to making my own models (time consuming + I can't seem to do it) to stealing from other games/media (too hard to find)... I'm currently looking into grabbing models from the RE series and editing them as a last resort, although this too looks to be pretty hard to do.

Last week, my computer burnt up and I took that as a sign... I'm using the next week as one last chance to find some (or someone that will make me some!) before giving up completely :/