Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Steeveeo

GZDoom Memory leak (or something).

While modding my personal maps and making the weather demo for GZDoom (latest full), after about 5-15 minutes, the engine slows to a crawl (wierd to see a less complex engine lagging on a Wolfdale), from 150 FPS avg in my weather map to about 10 FPS. Hitting pause and checking the Task Manager reports that GZDoom is using over 450 MBS of RAM.

One time I left it unchecked, hoping it would pass over, and it just got worse. Checked the TM, and GZDoom was using a Gigabyte and a half of RAM! Yikes!

It seems to be linked to the number of additive sprites on the map at once, but I may be wrong...

Also, after exiting GZDoom during one of these episodes, my computer slows to a very slow crawl and I have to restart, otehrwise I can barely do anything...

On GZDoom 1.1.04:

My own Alien mod lags a little after a while.
Phocas Island 2 lags and takes roughly 600 Mb of RAM after about 10 minutes.

On GZDoom r169:
DVII just killed my computer and ate my sandwich.

Patrick Pineda said:

On GZDoom r169:
DVII just killed my computer and ate my sandwich.

DVII always kills a computer in GZDoom when you pull out the chainsaw replacement weapon. That's with v1.1.02 and v1.1.04 though; I know the guy put v1.1.0 in the release package, but I haven't used tested with that version yet (though I doubt he would have released it if it didn't work).

Lüt said:

DVII always kills a computer in GZDoom when you pull out the chainsaw replacement weapon. That's with v1.1.02 and v1.1.04 though; I know the guy put v1.1.0 in the release package, but I haven't used tested with that version yet (though I doubt he would have released it if it didn't work).

Yeah, The version we packaged with the zip doesn't have this issue.