Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CodeImp

The reason why I am not fixing Doom Builder 1 anymore

Heh, neat...I think I'll like those a lot better than the circle ones :p

Question: Are you able to rotate things in the same manner as they way you were rotating those sectors in the video?

Yes. And you can also select a bunch of things, then select some geometry and switch to free edit mode (shown in the movie when pasting) and the selected geometry and things will stay together and are both affected by the resizing/rotating.

CodeImp said:

The reason why I am not fixing Doom Builder 1 anymore?
Because I have been, and still are, very busy with Doom Builder 2.

Heh. Upon reading the thread title with that predictable answer, I expected to see an angry Bloodshedder-style HUGE RED LETTER fest.

Save for that link, I think it was obvious.

Since nobody else praised it yet, I'll have to say that I love the smart sector splitting/creating.

DB is already the Doom editor, and it's wonderful how it can keep getting even better.

Dang CodeImp, nice way of implementing Geometric properties and the free sector drawing, I might not suffer as much for those "irregular" shapes.

Questions:
1. Vista Compatible?
2. Will the "Argument 5" problem still exist?
^I'd like to try a GzDoom map for myself with out this problem so I can make 3D floors having those blasted errors..

Mithral_Demon, this is being written completely from scratch, so none of DB1's bugs should be in it. Of course, that's not to say that it might not have some bugs of its own, but hopefully nothing too major will come up :P

Agreed - it would be really cool if you had a development thread of sorts. I'd enjoy reading about whatever progress you might be making, bugs you're overcoming, features you're adding, etc.

Mithral_Demon said:

Vista Compatible?

I fail to see why it should not be vista compatible when the original Doom Builder is.

And oh yea: THIS LOOKS FREAKEN AWESOME!!!!!!

Use3D said:

You won't make anything sporky.

I'll try my darnedest to prove you wrong... which means you're probably right and I won't make anything.

hardcore_gamer said:

I fail to see why it should not be vista compatible when the original Doom Builder is.

Let's redefine the question. Will it be Vista-compatible without having to kill explorer.exe or it crashes when saving/testing/3D moding the level? :P

It should be anyway since it's written from scratch so the bugs of the previous version shouldn't be kept unless CodeImp repeats the same mistakes.

Gez said:

It should be anyway since it's written from scratch so the bugs of the previous version shouldn't be kept unless CodeImp repeats the same mistakes.

I wouldn't call it a mistake. Vista was written years after CodeImp wrote DoomBuilder, so the fault is in Vista (which is imcompatible with/breaks many things) and not CodeImps's work. I'm not sure why everyone expects that CodeImp can forsee the future and write his code around a poorly received operating system that didn't even exist. :/

But anyway, yeah, DB2 is being written with Vista in mind AFAIK, so we won't have to worry about this anymore once it's released. =D

This looks awesome. The smart sector splitting is brilliant - it's a luxury I never expected to enjoy. Good light-sourcing will now almost be too easy.

Also, I look forward to filling rooms with crates at exciting new angles. EVERY room will be a storage room.