• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CodeImp

The reason why I am not fixing Doom Builder 1 anymore

Wow

That totally blew me away, That is amazing CodeImp
I very eagerly await the release :D

You spoil us, CodeImp, you know that, right? You make mapping far, far too easy - oh, just draw what you want to draw, and magically everything works. Bah, mapping is supposed to be a grueling, intensive process in which the slightest wrong move can completely trash a level. But nooooooo, you wouldn't allow that, would you? No, you have to come along and make the editor "smart" so that it's able to do all these crazy things that you're not supposed to be able to do without breaking the level. Bah, humbug!

Just kidding, seriously, looks incredibly awesome, and totally can't wait.

Might I suggest something for DB2. It's probably already been discussed and/or implemented. But have the ability to display things based upon their flags and categorization. That way with a click of coding alchemy you could toggle have things displayed based on difficulty or DM etc....

It's already there, and it's called a Things Filter. Look at the video, in the toolbar is a little funnel icon with a drop-down box next to it. The funnel icon lets you configure your filters and the drop-down box lets you pick one.

Vista support is the sole reason I'm going to get this. That video was sure impressive, to say the least. I didn't think an editor for a really old game could get any better than what it was.
=)

That looks so good, really looking forward to it. One suggestion, in 3D mode it would quite often be really useful if when you change the texture of a sidedef if you could then copy that texture quickly to other sidedefs quickly without having to leave 3d mode. Often it would just make things a little quicker and easier, rather than having to leave 3d mode or change them all manually in 3d mode. But so far it looks really fantastic.

Yea if I remember correctly, right-click pastes the texture. I believe middle-click copies the texture, but I'm not sure (I haven't used DB in a while), just check (or change) the shortcut keys in the configuration window.

I never knew you could do that either, thanks a lot for that :)
Man I could have saved some time if I had known sooner...

There will be documentation, don't worry ;) I just need to finish one major feature first, 3D Mode, before the documentation can be written.

CodeImp said:

There will be documentation, don't worry ;) I just need to finish one major feature first, 3D Mode, before the documentation can be written.

Ah, excellent. Did Dr. Sleep come out of hiding?

Or out of prison?

I don't think we ever figured that out.

Heh, I've been following the svn updates basically since the start but I must admit that I was still very impressed by that video. Also, I like how the coding is well-structured which makes it easy to make addons/plugins for the application, I'll just have to hope CodeImp includes some support for that :)

Creaphis said:

That's why somebody needs to pull up their bootstraps and give Doom Builder 2 some thorough documentation.

Is it really necessary? I mean...I'd rather browse the control listing rather than read a 5 page manual on how to use DB.

Eternus said:

Is it really necessary? I mean...I'd rather browse the control listing rather than read a 5 page manual on how to use DB.

If not for Dr. Sleep's manual for Doom Builder 1 I might not have ever taken a crack at mapping. Not everyone interested in Doom is a veteran mapper already.

Creaphis said:

If not for Dr. Sleep's manual for Doom Builder 1 I might not have ever taken a crack at mapping. Not everyone interested in Doom is a veteran mapper already.

Personally I learned from WastedYouth's tutorial, then when I got into scripting, the ZDoom Wiki served my needs.

i know I posted if it was going to be Vista Compat, but here another thing about it, since I play Doom on a portable hard-drive now, I ask, is it going to be compatible with a Windows Vista 64-Bit computer?

I have my old Acer with Vista and it works ok until Error Runtime 5, but is 32-Bit.

--Edit
What are you going to make the computer use to use 3D-Mode? If DirectX, hopefully it is made to use latest version, cause a 64-Bit's seems different an DB Errors 3D Mode about DirectX ( I have latest version of it too.)

Every change to this, so far, is amazing. The square things kinda stick out but they're easier for editing and I guess being 'stylish' isn't important in something like this :P

I really look forward to the release of this.

GhostlyDeath told me yesterday he was trying to port it for Mono, not sure if he will continue though. I don't know about Wine.

Hello CodeImp, or do you prefer being called by your real name? Anyhow, i am a great supporter of your project, i noticed this when i entered your site quite some time ago. I was shocked, my friends were surprised to hear this. The video was incredible, i have been a fan of your work for some time. =P Quite a piece of work. Anyway, before i go on a rant, Congratulations.