25 members have voted

1. 1. Your favorite Deeforce level?

• Das Labor
    • Run And Shoot
    • Rivers Of Death
    • They are equivalent
    • I hate them all :-P

Hi,
I hope you like polls. I have ever created 3 quality wads. Please vote and let me know which one is your favorite of my levels. I recommend using ZDoom for these wads. Here they are all in one zip file: Download.

Or download them from Doomworld seperately:...

Das Labor (for Doom 1)

Run And Shoot (for Doom 1)

Rivers Of Death (for Doom 2)

Enjoy!

While I'm not a fan of slaughter maps - I'd nominate Das Labor for the architecture (despite your posting a shot of what's arguably the ugliest part of the map), Rivers of Death for playability (I like the way you detained the player in the starting area) and Run And Shoot for the black room (which I can't beat).
The star ratings in the database would suggest that your mapping's improving.

I only played two of these. I found Das Labor kind of tedious because of the way masses of monsters are used. Run and Shoot is more interesting, as the fights are more dynamic and challenging.

Graf Zahl said:
Hm... Difficult to choose between awful crap, abnominal crap and dismal crap. All bad.

You sound like those reviews you moan about on T/nC threads.

PS: To those concerned; try not to repeat what I helled from this thread.

hardcore_gamer said:

What happened to the two reply's i had made in this thread?

Anyways.

I think that all of those maps are bad. No offense.

They got helled. I think for being too pointless and insulting.

Anyways, those screenshots are enough to make me not try them as they look like mindless slaughter-fests.

InsanityBringer said:

They got helled. I think for being too pointless and insulting.

Uhhhhhhhhhhh, he asked for feedback, and i gave it to them.

He said his maps were quality wads, i disagreed so i said so. (while using NO offensive words)

I fail to see how giving your thoughts on somebody's wads is pointless and insulting if you don't think there any good.

Hey,
wow, I didn’t expect so much sympathy for this poll :-P ! I know that effort is nothing compared to the result, but I like my doom levels. I orientated myself to the original Doom 1 (as benchmark), because it is one of my favorite games. Not wanting to copy the old doom levels I decided to create my own style and this is: some rooms and one big area with many monsters at the end of each level :-P ! In comparison to original Doom 1 I think my levels look good and to the gameplay: well, a matter of taste I guess. For example: I don’t like Darken 2 and Alien Vendetta.

@GreyGhost:
Oh yeah, the architecture in “Das Labor“ did cost me many hours, lol. I think I exaggerated a bit :-P .

@Graf Zahl:
There was a time when you just had your original doom game with not many details. I think you don’t need to create a KDIZD to make your levels look good to some degree. (By the way: KDIZD is very good).

@nightmare93:
Check out “my Top SP-Wads“ threads (Part 1 and Part 2)... maybe you change your mind :-P !

@myk:
I think “Das Labor“ is for appointed persons only, who like especially slaughter fests. You may want to try out the skill “Hurt Me Plenty“, because there you get the BFG to blast them all away very fast :-P !

@Mike.Reiner:
Do you like the original Doom 1?

@hardcore_gamer:
A quality wad is having good graphics, good gameplay and having spent effort to create the wad (everything compared to the original Doom 1 and Doom 2 game).

@InsanityBringer:
Don’t vote, if you didn’t even play the wads... wtf?

Deeforce said:

@InsanityBringer:
Don’t vote, if you didn’t even play the wads... wtf?

I never actually voted in the poll. I just said some words.

EDIT:I tried the first two. I couldn't finish either of them because I thought they were so dull from a gameplay perspective (omg more monsters. horray.........). I really hate it when I have to kill 400000 monsters in a small cramped area, or when I have to outrun a huge amount of cyberdemon rockets because if I don't it triggers a massive barrel chain.

hardcore_gamer said:

Uhhhhhhhhhhh, he asked for feedback, and i gave it to them.
He said his maps were quality wads, i disagreed so i said so. (while using NO offensive words)
I fail to see how giving your thoughts on somebody's wads is pointless and insulting if you don't think there any good.

There's a fine line between giving negative feedback and bashing, but you know that already. That's what Myk's reminding you of.

@Deeforce: one thing I think is making people vote for the last choice is you describing your work as "quality." Not to say that it is or isn't, but I think perhaps you self-proclaiming your work as being top-quality as though you have the final say when other people might not think so is making you sound arrogant, so they vote the last option for that reason because it annoys them (I don't think you're trying to be arrogant, but it could be interpreted that way). IMO, you shouldn't need to describe your own work as such. Other people will do it for you if they really think it's quality stuff.

Anyway, I voted for "Run and Shoot" because I thought it had the most strategy to it. While I think that your style could be refined a bit more, I enjoyed your maps and I like the premise behind them. As you've said already, so long as you like your own maps, that's the most important thing.

Deeforce said:

@Graf Zahl:
There was a time when you just had your original doom game with not many details. I think you don’t need to create a KDIZD to make your levels look good to some degree. (By the way: KDIZD is very good).

Looks aren't everything. There's also one very important thing called 'gameplay'. And I'm sorry to say that your maps fail so miserably in that regard that everything else is no longer relevant. Just having the player face as many monsters as technically doable is not fun - even slaughtermaps need some kind of strategic approach to be enjoyable. I can't see this here.