Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ixfd64

video game hater Jack Thompson disbarred

Yeah...he is definitely one of those people that makes WAY too big a deal out of violence and sexuality in gaming. All I can say is...OWND

The poor guy is just confused. Just because people are paying attention to him, he thinks he can say what he wants. Also, don't count on him being silenced forever.

Fred Phelps was disbarred too, and that didn't stop him from being a gigantic attention whore.

Video games are evil and if you play them you are a terrorist and will shoot someone.

Craigs said:

Video games are evil and if you play them you are a terrorist and will shoot someone.

Mario will make you jump on people.

Zelda will make you slice people in half with a sword.

Guitar Hero will make you join a crappy band in a cross country tour, make you think you are better off solo, crash and burn at lollapalooza, then live in your parent's basement until you get your "groove" back OR realize you are a total failure and be a drug addict.

Yeah, video games are very influential.

A big question, of course, is whether Thompson's disbarment will do anything to stop his broadsides against the video game industry. His stark anti-game press releases don't require a law degree, and he's still going to be famous and the source of good quotes, so don't expect him to go silent just because he can no longer take law clients.

So he's pretty much been demoted to being the Peter Popoff of anti-gaming. Pft, okay.

herooftime1000 said:

More like Mario convinced me to do mushrooms, but that's neither here nor there.

Well, step one in shutting the jerkoff up.

Step two includes total media shunning...may be harder than originally planned....

herooftime1000 said:

Zelda will make you slice people in half with a sword.

Laugh all you want but somewhere out there, it's possible that a family lost their child due to Nintendo's mushroom murdering simulator, which desensitized a video game terrorist to death and convinced him to jump on the kid, killing him.

And in case you haven't seen the heart felt and touching biographical movie Walk Hard, there once was a famous singer who chopped his brother in half and I've got the sneaking suspicion that it was due to Nintendo's sword murder simulator (Though I have no way of proving it because I can't seem to reach Dewey Cox for some strange reason).

Craigs said:

Laugh all you want but somewhere out there, it's possible that a family lost their child due to Nintendo's mushroom murdering simulator, which desensitized a video game terrorist to death and convinced him to jump on the kid, killing him.

And in case you haven't seen the heart felt and touching biographical movie Walk Hard, there once was a famous singer who chopped his brother in half and I've got the sneaking suspicion that it was due to Nintendo's sword murder simulator (Though I have no way of proving it because I can't seem to reach Dewey Cox for some strange reason).

You can't be fucking serious.

Jack Thompson hasn't had any influence on anything ever. He's a bunch of hot air that no one but people equally uninfluential/informed pay any attention to.

caco_killer said:

Let's celebrate this moment with cake!
[CAKE]

God I wish I had his email address so that I could send a picture of that.

caco_killer said:

Let's celebrate this moment with cake!

He should be offered then subsequently denied his cake, because Portal made you do it.

Steeveeo said:

Well, step one in shutting the jerkoff up.

Step two includes total media shunning...may be harder than originally planned....

Unfortunately the media will keep interviewing him so long as he remains topically controversial. The disbarment is at least a step in the right direction - I just hope it's not seen as payback for Jack's attempt to have the Florida Bar Association declared unconstitutional back in 1992 and subsequent actions.

Craigs said:

Is that true, or this just a joke?

It has to be a joke.

Still, i can't but help laugh at the idea of my little brother stomping on my little sister thinking he is like super mario. :)

I already said that I was kidding. :P
I may be stupid, but I'm not quite that stupid.

It's a well known fact that video game terrorists prefer flight sims. There's been reports of them detonating their suicide vests when caught playing side-scrolling platformers.

Craigs said:

Or you will become like the Angry Video Game Nerd and make bad reviews while drinking nasty local beer in your mother's basement. Or at most like the Furious Famicom Faggot.