Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pcorf

The Twilight Zone 2 - work on new version underway.

While currently I'm working on my final release Whispers of Satan in which 23 levels are complete. Way back in 1999 I released my second megawad The Twilight Zone 2: Final Dreams but now its time to give it a facelift. The original Twilight Zone 1 was given a major facelift a few years ago. Its now time to improve twzone2.wad.

Here are the plans for The New Twilight Zone 2

* Level design mostly unchanged this time and just a few minor fixes such as texture alignment, the main focus is on improving the gameplay and challenge and making sure you can complete every map from a pistol start without getting stuck but making sure there is a major challenge in front of you.
* Improved Music now in MIDI format for (Roland) Sound Canvas. Music was originally written using the Yamaha XG sounds. Most computers have the Roland Sound Canvas sounds built into them these days.
* Boom Compatible, internal dehacked.
* Shootable Hanging Torsos, Trees, Marble Columns removed. Now they are back to normal.
* All new MAP24 since this level is also present in Death Tormention 2.
* Removal of Yoshi's Island posters and other odd things. What was I smokin' back then?
* Goodbye Iron Lich, Hello Cacodemon. I'm Bringing back the Caco. Baby Cyber and Nazi Predator Spectre will remain. The Caco is tougher now, shoots fireballs at a faster rate and does more damage. Johnny Boy remains unchanged :D.
* Several new sounds and rearranged FX.

I'm glad to hear that Twilight Zone II will be updated. Just don't let it distract you too much from Whispers of Satan. ;)

I'm looking forward to that project a lot.

caco_killer said:

Will you update the Ejaculator?

Nope, it is staying. It will be now called the Needle Gun.

Deeforce said:

I think "The Twilight Zone II: Final Dreams" is perfect as it is, but well: much fun with remixing it :-P !

I'm hoping that the original version will remain in the archives (if Ty dosen't delete it). The new file will be called twzone2b.wad. It will be probably named "The New Twilight Zone 2: Final Dreams". Or "The Twilight Zone 2: Final Dreams (2008 Edition)"

Death-Destiny said:

I'm glad to hear that Twilight Zone II will be updated. Just don't let it distract you too much from Whispers of Satan. ;)

I'm looking forward to that project a lot.

Nuh, it won't distract me at all from WOS and work. I'm currently working on the music and will gradually work on rearranging item placement in the levels, aligning textures, adding some more detail, etc. MAP01 is all done with a bit of extra detail, and much more challenge. The underground train in MAP02 now has seats inside it and a few of the outdoor areas have been enhanced. Map03 will be highly unchanged. I might replace the Commander Keens with switches that push a hidden Voodoo Doll in a hidden room with scrolling floor past a line to open the exit door since this will be a Boom compatible version. Also there will be the addition of a MAPINFO entry. The new level (24) will be named "Bloodbath".