Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tatsurd-cacocaco

TAS (tools-assisted) demos

Sadly, your run is invalid. Before going into the last teleporter, you didn't kill the rev. Fix that up, then you've got a real UV-Max. You got over 100% because of Archvile respawns.

Also, I recommend to ask the author if you can use their demo. Because you used 24 seconds of his run I personally think you should call it both your run AND Radek Pecka's run.

Bad Try. So stupid comment.
MD922 - you are invalid.
What is rules on UV-MAX? = Ultra-Violence Max - 100% Kills and Secrets, exiting with all monsters dead (except Lost Souls).
My run is non invalid. Why? Because Archvile resurrected revenant.
IF YOU PRESS TAB IN END, YOU WILL REALLY SURPRISED BECAUSE I KILLED EVERYONE 106/106 kills.
Do you played ever on nightmare?
If according to your logic, you never f@ckin made any UV-MAX because of respawn and you will get more 100% in any case.

Also special for you (MD922) I've RErun that segment and you know what? i got Kills - 102%. How to be in this case? not allow archvile resurrects someone? Damn.

Azuruish said:

Bad Try. So stupid comment.
MD922 - you are invalid.
What is rules on UV-MAX? = Ultra-Violence Max - 100% Kills and Secrets, exiting with all monsters dead (except Lost Souls).
IF YOU PRESS TAB IN END, YOU WILL REALLY SURPRISED BECAUSE I KILLED EVERYONE 106/106 kills.
Do you played ever on nightmare?
If according to your logic, you never f@ckin made any UV-MAX because of respawn and you will get more 100% in any case.

Also special for you (MD922) I've RErun that segment and you know what? i got Kills - 102%. How to be in this case? not allow archvile resurrects someone? Damn.

No, MD922 is absolutely correct, you have to kill monsters that were resurrected by archviles even if you will get above 100% kills. Moreover, I agree with MD922's that you shouldn't use Radek Pecka's run in your TAS run without permission, not to mention that it is outright pointless to use part of a non-TAS run in a TAS.

DOOM2 MAP23 UV-MAX in 1:44 (rebuilt)
Kills everyone means kill even if statistics show 106/106. So logically.
Copyrights on demo. Wonderful.
But before playing the game do we need ask game creators permissions to play? Maybe it is outlaw.
WTS you both talking about?
Damn. I had played the game and suddenly copied movements some else. Oh no! JAIL is waiting me. You guys are so funny.

doom2_map23_tas2.zip

Azuruish said:

Rules may not be too clear about it, but you must kill resurrected monsters too to make the run a proper UV-Max. Considering that it's a demo that took less than an hour there should be no problem in redoing.

Edit: Posted this right when you were posting the rebuilt demo, what a coincidence.
Using someone's work and say it is yours isn't nice.

Azuruish said:

DOOM2 MAP23 UV-MAX in 1:44 (rebuilt)
Kills everyone means kill even if statistics show 106/106. So logically.
Copyrights on demo. Wonderful.
But before playing the game do we need ask game creators permissions to play? Maybe it is outlaw.
WTS you both talking about?
Damn. I had played the game and suddenly copied movements some else. Oh no! JAIL is waiting me. You guys are so funny.

Playing someone's game is legal IF they release it. Taking someone else's hardmade work and using a good-bit of it and calling it your run is unbelievable. If you read eariler, I allowed Clumsy to take my Resurgence TAS and edit it and help make a glide for me. So I shall credit him for his efforts. Now, taking someone else's run, going off of it and making it better, PLUS calling it your own is really unexecptable under my circumstances. I shall say that I wouldn't call that run you have there as yours. Now, this is under my opinion, so if anyone goes against my opinion, I won't be upset like you.

Also, before you start complaint I don't know UV-Max rules, please look through my DSDA page with nearly 100 demos then decide wether or not all my Maxes are invalid.
Also, if you really would like to ask the Doom creator if you can play their game, go PM Romero, he has a DW account :)

Taken from the DoomedSDA page:
"Ultra-Violence Max - 100% Kills and Secrets, exiting with all monsters dead(except Lost Souls)."

So yes, you must kill any resurrected monsters.

huuh. I said this is mine? Really? Where i did mistake ? I wrote in txt file i had copied (used) 24 secs. That's mean that run i did with someone (in this case Radek Pecka).
I'm not said: "that's run is mine and all. No one help me."
I wrote it in txt honestly.
And in what you blaming me? in copying or that i wrote this in txt?
Wonderful.

all such unhappy here - what the hell did you do it faster and copy movement.

For demos that aim for just 100% kills, no matter if there are resurrected monsters left or not, you can call them "NotMax" as Phml did. Or just clean and simple "100% kills demo". A perfectly valid category, you should just make sure that people understand the rules you follow and then there will be no complaints about that.

ok ok. I get it. kill all even resurrected.
You know. I like to do more UV-Speed but here i have to do this for record video: (Doom 2 - All UV-MAX World records).
To be in this list... MMMM. it is so EXCITING XD
Oh. I must do run on MAP26 and I'm waiting for MD922 demo to include his demo. DON'T SAY ME!!! I NOW WHAT ARE YOU THINK ABOUT!!! XD

I dunno if I'll continue map 03 Max. Way earlier in the thread Looper posted his map 03 unfinished max also, but it's so good.

I think you should redo some maps, as most are waaaay off optimal. I'll be working on doing a better MAP23 for this YouTube upload.

Ok. Let's look. all UV-MAX which i got now.
MAP01 - 0:28 by Looper
MAP02 - 0:39 by Looper
MAP03 - 1:17 by j4rio // waiting for best result
MAP04 - 0:29 by Looper
MAP05 - 1:59 by Peo Sjoblom
MAP06 - 2:22 by Anders Johnsen // I'm planning to do it faster
MAP07 - 0:42 by Adam Hegyi
MAP08 - 1:59 by Azuruish
MAP09 - 3:41 by Esko Koskimaa
MAP10 - 3:48 by Peo Sjoblom
MAP11 - 2:05 by stx-Vile
MAP12 - 3:13 by Esko Koskimaa
MAP13 - 4:17 by Esko Koskimaa
MAP14 - 1:46 by stx-Vile
MAP15 - 4:44 by Peo Sjoblom
MAP31 - 2:18 by Henning Skogsto
MAP32 - 0:24 by Kai-Uwe Humpert //Extremely sharp but fast
MAP16 - 2:23 by Azuruish
MAP17 - 3:17 by Esko Koskimaa
MAP18 - 2:56 by Tatsurd-cacocaco
MAP19 - 3:56 by Esko Koskimaa
MAP20 - 2:42 by Tatsurd-cacocaco
MAP21 - 2:19 by Anders Johnsen
MAP22 - 1:10 by stx-Vile
MAP23 - 1:44 by Azuruish and Radek Pecka
MAP24 - 4:17 by Looper
MAP25 - 1:29 by Anders Johnsen
MAP26 - 2:22 by Azuruish
MAP27 - 3:18 by Peo Sjoblom
MAP28 - 2:06 by Esko Koskimaa
MAP29 - 4:05 by stx-Vile
MAP30 - 0:30 by Kai-Uwe Humpert //sharp but with happy ending.
Total time: 1 hour 14 min 45 sec. Coop is unacceptable.
MAP03, MAP06, MAP09 and MAP29 can be improved on 10 or 20 secs.
I like time on others maps.
Let me know if exist faster demos on Doom2 or i did mistake somewhere here.

I feel it's weird to be combing TAS and non-TAS runs in one group; us and the community can probably pull off TASing every map, so that we have a full TAS demopack of D2 UV-Max.

Fredrik - well. one mistake found. There is 33% secrets only. Thanks.
MD922 - Only TAS compilation? Wow. Wonderful.
In this case: MAP03, MAP06, MAP11, MAP14, MAP18, MAP20, MAP21, MAP22, MAP24, MAP25, MAP29, MAP31 and MAP32 must be TASED (Rerun).
I feel like... I don't know. WHO WILL RERUN THESE MAPS IN TAS? ME? WITHIN TWO WEEKS? HOW fairrrrrrrrrrrrrr....
I'm planning release compilation within week but with this idea it will take more time. Whatever. Will Try to RERUN but i hate MAP24.

No matter if an human demo looks nice, a TAS will always be much faster. I think You should not be too anxious about it and wait until all maps have been TASed to make your compilation consistent.

Compilation with TAS and non-TAS runs mixed? Ehh, I don't know about that. I don't want my runs in that kind of porridge.

I can help with the D2 all TAS pack if there's more people doing them :P

I got your point. I'm working with MAP06 now. Would be great if someone help me =) // with others MAPS of course

Yeah! Always nice to see max TASes. I would give half my penis for a Looper-quality full game max TAS. For an individual level demopack? Close, but no cockie.

That map 22 run was done in under 30 minutes. I'll work on it today and get a sub-1.
I'm willing to make TASes for this demopack as a break from my Resurgence D2ALL TAS, as long as others are willing to do so also.

Looper-quality

What about Akse-quality? :D

Also, TAS demopack sounds weird to me. A good D2ALL TAS would be so much better, because every IWAD UV-max is a serious thing.

ClumsyDoomer said:

What about Akse-quality? :D

Akse seems to have no max runs available, so I can't compare them to Looper-quality max runs. Oh well, having seen what all you guys can do I feel that pretty much any TAS in any category is gonna make me smile wide like a little cacodemon. I can't wait to see your next masterpiece, whatever it is. Keep being awesome!

DOOM2 MAP06 UV-MAX in 2:07
I don't want do D2ALL MAX TAS because it's not my priority. I like to do more D2ALL UV-Speed. Less responsibility XD
Also I saw D2ALL UV-MAX on Plutonia by Light_Speed - it was real madness.
This idea (about compilation all TAS UV-MAX) looks great anyway.
I dream to see the whole video (even if all demos are separated)

doom2_map06_tas.zip

Azuruish said:

DOOM2 MAP06 UV-MAX in 2:07

This was not bad. Really fun to watch. There were some missed shots with the plasma gun, which was bad. I think it would be great, if the spidermastermind killed all the imps, so you would not need to waste plasma shots at them at all. Just run past all the imps and shoot whatever you manage, then leave the room even though some imps are left alive. You only need luck, so that most of the imps get angry to the spider. The spider will then kill all the remaining imps one by one while you are already gone. You may need to do it a couple of times to get lucky, so that no imp is left alive.