Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tatsurd-cacocaco

TAS (tools-assisted) demos

You shouldn't rush this TAS pack. Shock and I talked, and he decided that he is not going to submit ANY TASes (Shock is one of the best TASers still around FYI) unless you make this demopack highly extended, like 1 year because good Max TASes takes lots of effort.

I just nothing to do else and I'm not going wait for someone. Besides these demos shows my skill and only.

Okay. Fine. Just wait for the near future when all your TAS demos will be beaten by the community :)

Didier, do you not know how long it would take to make a BUILT UV-Max D2ALL? Heck, it would take over year with building it everyday if you'd want that :p

DOOM2 Map 22 UV-Max in 52.40
If Azuruish isn't going to give decent time for this demopack, you are not permitted to use this demo in the pack.

lv22-052.zip

Thanks. Isn't even optimized, the baron I killed was in 5 rockets, not 4.

Cool. Huh.
I'm working on Doom2 D2ALL Nightmare 100. (made 18 maps only)
But i found one shit when i tried make glide in MAP16.
The first I'm using -nomonsters parameter for searching quickest way to finish map and there i tried make glide, suddenly it worked. Then i tried more. it work! (I was so happy)
After i found the perfect angle there i could use glide buuuuut
When i tried repeat it while recording demo - so pity to see how doomguy cries and dies after hundred failed attempts.
I couldn't understand why it so happening, Why i can do glide but while in record mode i can't?
SO. What do you think? ammm.
I decided make single demo with complevel 8 (for example) - and i could make glide very easy. F@ck...
That's why some monsters becomes best friends, couldn't repeat such trick like LOOPER did it in MAP14, couldn't make glide in Sunder.wad - because complevel is -1.
I thought it's not so important. Damn it. I just made my walkthrough harder.
Also something weird happening with my mouse when i'm recording demo on different complevel - movement is squared not even smoothed.

Because it's default by PRBoom. Didn't care. Now i know. Whatever. Must finish anyway without glide.

A "Beat Azuruish's Demos Thread" would be cool :) But I do appreciate your dedication, Azuruish. You will be great one day.

Mouse turning is indeed limited when you're recording, that's how DOOM2.EXE worked and prboom-plus inherits this behavior. If you want, you can change that by using the -longtics command line parameter (but then the demo won't play back in vanilla). Maybe some complevels affect this too?

But I think glides should still be possible with all complevels and all mouse options. Maybe my explanation here will help you.

Memfis
I made some test with different complevels on MAP16
Complevel -1 // Movement is very smooth (glide is impossible) // i lost 2 hours but i couldn't find angle even on 1000% speed.
Complevel 1-9 // movement is squared (glide is possible) // spent from 30 secs to 10 minutes to find that angle. More easy find that angle on high speed.
Also smoothed movement without recording demo.
But feels like complevel with -1 works fine for smooth movement, not for glides unfortunately.
Honestly these glides harder to do than that damn rocketjump on MAP07 and MAP14. Huh. Maybe rocketjumps easily to do on squared movement. I don't know.
-longtics ? Well. Not the best variant i guess.
OMG. I lost on MAP07 2 hours to save 30 secs... SO UNFAIR. Thankful -skipsec on short demos works fine.
Playing on Nightmare the game completely changed. XD

You can definitely do glides on -longtics, I've done them in G/ZDoom, and in default Prboom complevel, they are very difficult, but certainly doable. This is all Non-TAS, so TAS shouldn't be that hard.

AD_79 said:

why are you using -1

Azuruish said:

Because it's default by PRBoom.

This what the author of Prboom-plus had to say about complevels:

entryway said:

Levels of compatibility after -complevel 9 (BOOM) suck and nobody use them and nobody should use them

Why it's default then is anybody's guess, but most likely it is another shitty leftover from the old Prboom days, when the attitude was that complevels exist for development use only, not for end users; and Boom (and later MBF) was "DOOM the way it was meant to be".

MD922 said:

Thanks. Isn't even optimized, the baron I killed was in 5 rockets, not 4.

:D does that even matter? Anyways, quite fun looking demo/map for uv-max.

MD922 said:

DOOM2 Map 22 UV-Max in 52.40

Cool!
Imho saved rocket can be used for the three chainers above or imps below, save ~2 seconds.
Opening red door earlier can save another half a sec maybe?

It seems like I wasted time at the door, but I needed time to switch to the RL, so opening it eariler wouldn't really save time.

MD922 said:

It seems like I wasted time at the door, but I needed time to switch to the RL, so opening it eariler wouldn't really save time.

But imho you can shift both RL shots to forward in time scale, no?
-open door
-run over chainers while swithing to RL
-shoot them right before going to final room
-rush to the button between them and shoot them right before phessing the button.

Second part can be hard, but you can use infighting earlier
to kill one chainer and kill the second as you do at ~42s.
Then only two remain in this room.

GrumpyCat said:

or imps below, save ~2 seconds.

I don't think there's any hurry to kill the 3 imps and the baron of hell since you still have to wait the lift, unless you don't use the lift. Rocket the imps, rocket jump to the red key while you open the door for baron of hell and kill it with 4 rockets D: Then you don't have to wait the lift.

That seems quite crazy of an idea Looper. I would see this more doable for UV-Max D2ALL.

DOOM2 NM100 D2ALL in 35:59
Hey community! New pizza pie from Azuruish.
Link on video youtube.com/watch?v=ZhiZUwUbef0
Oh. XDRE are crashing on Windows 8. Wonderful.
Huh. Amm. Hmmm.
I guess that 'Demopack' still in force isn't? Maybe organize voting?
What is better: UV-MAX D2ALL or separate? (Considering that there are only ten maps to ReTAS).
Maybe new idea?
Create D2ALL UV-MAX where each user will run each map separate, like a team run? Because I can't to do glides and some tricks like wallrun very quick.
Oh, sounds like ....... No, better finish these maps and all.

doom2_nm100.zip

In my opinion, individual levels is better. That way any one of them can be improved without affecting the others.

Looks improvable. Might do this as my next D2ALL during my break of Resurgence TASing. We'll see.

If this guy is a troll, i bow to his awesomeness. If he's not, thanks for a good laugh anyway, you're great! That tas nightmare run took a lot of skill to make, i bet.

Jongo, if that was a troll, it was convincing. If it wasn't a troll, I'm pretty sure Azuruish spent less than a week on it.

Azuruish said:

DOOM2 NM100 D2ALL in 35:59

The Compet-N record in this category is over an hour long, so this is a MASSIVE improvement. Well done.

I particularly liked the stylistic choice of using human-like movement and aim instead of going for a more artificial TAS style.

Using the rocket launcher to quickly take out single imps and shotgun guys was a nice touch.

Have you considered making Doom TAS recording your day job?