Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tatsurd-cacocaco

TAS (tools-assisted) demos

Fredrik said:

You did seem to get stuck on the last shotgun guy in map04 for a split second; I couldn't tell if the SSG reload animation was the problem, but assuming it was, could you kill him faster by switching to the regular shotgun (first killing the chaingunner with one regular shotgun hit)?

I'll try it next time. Thanks for your advice.
BTW, I think this run is still not enough optimized, especially map03. So, if my patience will not burn out with my pants, I'll try to get 33s on map04.
EDIT: Holy crap. I've just found out that 42s is possible on map02 and I actually can do it.
EDIT2: 43'17... man, this game is predictable.
EDIT3: Nvm, I made 42.

The day has come.
Scythe II Episode 01 in 1:50
==================================================================
Scythe II
Episode 01
Done Quicker
Ultra Violence TAS Speed Movie
Map Level Episode Time
Episode I
------------------------------------------------------------------
Map 01 - Castle Entryway - 17.97
Map 02 - Rooftop Warzone - 26.97
Map 03 - Castle Gardens II - 29.43
Map 04 - Cursed Cellars - 19.74
Map 05 - Halls of Anguish - 19.66
Total: 1:50
Thought the new Doom II WR was your only watch today? Well here is another :)
Was made on Feburary 01 2015 - March 14 2015
Episode 02 is coming soon :D

s201-05x150.zip

MD922 said:

The day has come.
Scythe II Episode 01 in 1:50

Better time - yes, better looking - no. If ClumsyD will manage the rocket jump in m07, i'll do episode 2 myself. I hope you wouldn't mind.

The run doesn't really look smooth, but I'll work on my skills. If you manage E2, then I'll hold off until you are done. I'm planning on D2ALL.
And just saying, I really cannot see why this run doesn't appear to be "good" under your notes.

MD922 said:but I'll work on my skills.[/B]

And that's, what matters the most. M03 ending was really nice.

MD922 said:

Hehe, I didn't do the map 03 ending. Shock did it :>

I see.

MD922 said:

If you manage E2, then I'll hold off until you are done.

Glad to hear that.

MD922 said:

And just saying, I really cannot see why this run doesn't appear to be "good" under your notes.

I didn't say it's bad or not good even, i just like the movie (especially if it's TAS) to be stylish, that's all.

Thats why for style, I did a RJ off the Cyber. I was gonna RJ in a different spot, but it just looks cool.

Akse said:

Better time - yes, better looking - no.

Ehh, I don't really care that it looks less impressive, I just care that it's a better time. I suppose you TASers care about making your run look as insane as possible though :P

I think "style" is mainly about the way you turn. If you watch any built run by vdgg or Andy Olivera you'll immediately notice that the movement is so elegant and admirable. It's because they aren't using sharp turns at all most of the time, so the way the are moving is very pleasing to look at. That's what Akse is talking about I guess.

MD922 said:

Thats why for style, I did a RJ off the Cyber. I was gonna RJ in a different spot, but it just looks cool.

It's cool, indeed.

Memfis said:

I think "style" is mainly about the way you turn. If you watch any built run by vdgg or Andy Olivera you'll immediately notice that the movement is so elegant and admirable. It's because they aren't using sharp turns at all most of the time, so the way the are moving is very pleasing to look at. That's what Akse is talking about I guess.

Yes, exactly.

I don't think that fast turns usage is necessarily bad style, but I do think that MD overuses them. In many cases, they do not seem to be necessary for speed and could be smoothed out without any major time losses. In my TASes, I use them whenever they help significantly with speed, but if I need to do a really large turn, I try to run backwards or I try to smooth out the turns during downtime, such as lift waits or when I am in the air.

vdgg actually overuses the self-applied smooth turns rule, imo. :) When he started building his first mm TASes, we discussed the fastest turn speed that would still look human and elegant, but even real players can turn on a dime. The maximum turn rate could be relaxed, imo.

But if you wonder what exactly makes vdgg's turns so cool, it's the start and end tics that build up and die off like an "average" real human turn. There are low value turn tics that resemble a person's hand accelerating when drag the mouse - and then slowing the movement down as the person takes care to aim at a precise spot. (I did some research on this when I was analyzing demos for cheater hunting.)

Akse said:

If ClumsyD will manage the rocket jump in m07, i'll do episode 2 myself.

It seems impos... *cough* ... too difficult without turbo. It requires very large running speed, which is unreachable without turbo. With normal speed, I could make a 1-tic wallrun+rocketjump and get ~34 speed on it, but afterwards I only got speed of 29 (30 needed). Maybe someone could do a better research.

Would it be even theoretically possible to lure in the imp and use him for a wobble boost before the rj?

Well, I've already tried to get maximum possible SR50 speed with a little help of turbo. I wish it was possible to thing-run southwards.

ClumsyDoomer said:

It seems impos...

Maybe Looper is up for the challenge?

You probably need 13.5 (or 15?) eastwards momentum to actually get the wallrun towards south for one tic, the distance moved should be around 50+ if done with rocketboost. Let's say there's one tic with 55 speed, then only 28.16 speed is required :-P

Gimme demo and I can try it, I'm not going to try it on random nomo demo, unless I modify the map to have RL+health on the way to the rocket boost, so it could be copy-pasted to an actual TAS-run.

Hm, just got an idea. I try it with nomo hue hue.

s12a - west wall, s12c - east wall.

Looper said:

Hm, just got an idea. I try it with nomo hue hue.

Just in case then.

sii12.zip

Sure, do what ever you like with it. If you wonder how the trick works:

You need obviously high speed south, but ALSO east, so you get one wallrun tic south when you hit the wall, couple tics after the RJ. I don't know the reason but somehow it changes the east momentum to speed towards south.

Looper said:

Sure

K. E2 movie will be out soon.

Looper said:

If you wonder how the trick works:

You need obviously high speed south, but ALSO east, so you get one wallrun tic south when you hit the wall, couple tics after the RJ. I don't know the reason but somehow it changes the east momentum to speed towards south.

Thanks, it's nice to know.

Looper said:

There's couple useless 'use' commands that make 'uf' sound D: just remove them or do what ever you like

I've noticed and i'll keep it.

Oblivion E1M1 NoMo in 6.86
This is fully built, so I think the run will end up being equivalent to -complevel 2 in prboom-plus, though the WAD is for cl9 I believe.
I 100% guessed on the naming convention, since Cyber is the only other person that has ran this WAD so far.

o1b1xo006.zip