Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doom Marine

Election '08

Csonicgo said:

Alright, So what the heck do you propose we replace this with? If anything, it has to be similar to gold/silver certificates!

Speculators think gold will surge to $1500, but the IMF can intentionally devalue it at anytime by flooding the market. The gold that is "circulation" is only a small percentage of the actual gold supply. With the amount of debt currently owed the idea of abolishing the federal reserve and going back to a debt free currency is impossible.

Gokuma said:

Not a single cent the Federal Reserve keeps goes to the government. It's a private bank and the IRS is its mafia-like enforcement and collection goon arm.

http://meetthefed.com
http://endthefed.us/
http://freedomtofascism.com

New Zeitgeist movie has a good section on the Federal reserve. Gives a nice perspective of it's inner workings. I hate the bias of it's perspective on debt. People bring it upon themselves in alot of cases due to an instant gratification complex. Avoid watching beyond the second part of the movie unless a technocrat, moneyless, resource technology driven society fascinates you.

Butts said:

doomworld is very liberal.

Welcome to the internet.

Anyway, yea there are dumb Republicans but I'm sure if somebody felt so inclined you could go make videos at Obama rallies of people that are equally as stupid as the ones in that video posted up above.

I try not to get into politics with people close to me in my personal life but my extremely liberal girlfriend wanted to get in to it and when I simply asked "Why do you support Obama? What policies of his do you know of and support?" her answer was "He's not John McCain". Maybe not as overtly dumb as the answers in that video but still a pretty idiotic answer.

POTGIESSER said:

New Zeitgeist movie has a good section on the Federal reserve. Gives a nice perspective of it's inner workings. I hate the bias of it's perspective on debt. People bring it upon themselves in alot of cases due to an instant gratification complex. Avoid watching beyond the second part of the movie unless a technocrat, moneyless, resource technology driven society fascinates you.

Or basically any of the film, for that matter, since it's mostly complete and utter bullshit.

Danarchy said:

Yeah...the only way that's going to happen is if you walk into the real estate office with the full payment in cash.

That's exactly what I said I was going to do. You just restated it.

Butts said:

"Pragmatic" might be closer to the mark - letting the thread run so long as it doesn't run amok.

fraggle said:

Or basically any of the film, for that matter, since it's mostly complete and utter bullshit.

Oh c'mon now, we all know both movies reside in your DVD collection.

What I don't understand is the majority of the people hellbent on voting McCain in the gulf states have no idea who Obama is. it's staggering.

Especially Alabama.

I have found a local church's pastor to be forwarding E-mails that linke/state information that I could look up and find to be completely false in 2 minutes. Yet, as I have found, these motherfuckers are so stupid they believe gossipy e-mails instead of finding out for themselves. These sheep are convinced Obama is a "Towelhead" and no matter how much one tries to show facts to prove this ridiculous statement false, it will be ignored because they have already closed her mind about the issue. In fact, having a closed mind is encouraged in his region, with the influence of fundamentalism and all.

This is why McCain will win in those states. It's not because of policy, or actions, or words, or character. The reasons are too painful for me to type. Of course, Doom Marine already posted a video that made me want to invest in lumber and cordage so I would at least have some stocks worth a shit when the economy tanks and the dumbfuck south tries to rise again.

Butts said:

Remember that liberal and educated are interchangeable words.

On the topic of election, I fully expect Obama to beat the Depends outta McSame tonight!

im more liberal than conservative... just stating that everyone seems to hate republicans here, and looking at the votes, there are only 4 for mccain

POTGIESSER said:

Oh c'mon now, we all know both movies reside in your DVD collection.

Ah, I didn't understand your first post. I didn't realise that they've done a second film now. Presumably it's full of as much bullshit and lies as the first one.

I watched the first Zeitgeist movie (online!). It's funny that the people who believe what it says probably think that they're "enlightened" or whatever for having watched it. In reality, they're just as ignorant as the rest of the population, because they're too lazy to do the five minutes of fact checking with Google that would immediately show that the movie contains outright and blatant lies.

The clearest example that I've given before is this. Compare this to the transcript of the actual speech. While anyone reading the transcript can see that it is a speech about the cold war and the danger posed by communism, the Zeitgeist clip has been cut together in such a way that it appears JFK is talking about conspiracy theories (with the suggestion that he was assassinated for trying to stand against "the conspiracy").

The section "Its preparations are concealed, not published. Its mistakes are buried, not headlined. Its dissenters are silenced, not praised. No expenditure is questioned, no rumor is printed, no secret is revealed" has the sentence following it conveniently omitted: "It conducts the Cold War, in short, with a war-time discipline no democracy would ever hope or wish to match".

It took me all of five minutes after watching Zeitgeist to find the above fact. I proved to myself that the film is deceptive. With that in mind, nothing else that it claims can be trusted, either. Whenever I see someone mention that movie now, it is my natural and immediate reaction to simply see them as a gullible idiot incapable of questioning what they're told.

I'm watching the second movie now and it's a much improvement. Some information is stretched but he's keeping the mechanics of today's tender at hand. He does much better not bantering on about religion and 9/11 theories.

Google video: zeitgeist addendum

It's worth the two-hour sitting.

EDIT: Ahhh he lapsed into terrorism.

Reading the last couple of pages of this thread, an alien would have a hard time believing that Obama holds a 14-point lead nationally.

those old people are idiots and the fat lady was stupid "most people have forgotten about 9/11" not in america you fat cunt.

CSG: I stopped watching when the old fuck said nigger. You know nothing intelligent is happening when people call obama a nigger.

Csonicgo said:

oh god, you guys.

The truth has been revealed!

"He's related to a known terrorist for one..." - That quote is PRICELESS! :D
Morons shouldn't be allowed to in-breed - odds are their children are even dumber.

Some image spam removed from this thread, as it has reached monging-up levels. This thread should be for discussing the election.

Where in the motherfucking nine hells do these people pull their "facts" from? I mean fuck diggity, son, they act like people are talking about Obama's Al-Queda ties on the national news every night or some shit.

The Republican base isn't exactly renowned for their use of logic or research... In fact, they remind me of those Orwellian sheeps from Animal Farm braying: "Four legs GOOOOOD! Two legs BAAAADDD!"

I want to comment on all this media, but I'm just too dumbfounded to really come up with anything. Come on. People just can't possible be that dumb. America lets terrorists be Senators now? Give me a break. I try to be open minded to the fact that some people are dumber than others, but there has to be a limit to stupidity at some point.

It's an unfortunate fact that politicians worldwide rely on fear, ignorance, mis-information, avarice, prejudice, blind faith and any other human trait they can manipulate in order to win office. Getting back to Csonicgo's video (amongst others)- when you get a bunch of people together who have been pumped full of bullshit and wave a video camera at them some of that shit is guaranteed to come out.