Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Vegeta

A little titlepic for anyone interested (oldschool)

And how is anyone going to make a mod semi-official?

Mods become "semi-official" only if they somehow become approved or published by id Software or some of its members.

The extra levels don't work very reliably in the original engine. I think they work best in the Final DOOM executables.

kristus said:
Imageshit.US(uck) sucks

Heh, I must say it took a while to load... on the second try.

kristus said:

Imageshit.US(uck) sucks

I've noticed that lately. What alternative would you recommend?

By semi official I mean trying to make it look as part of the DOOM series, not actually being part of the series. And under any way trying to make players think that it's an official add-on or something.
For some reason Imageshacks delays a bit more than usual today or with this pic, which image hoster do you recommend me?

Vegeta said:
And under any way trying to make players think that it's an official add-on or something.

The maker would try to make it look like it's official?

Heh. I'd use it, but "The Ultimate Doom 2" kinda implies a connection with "The Ultimate Doom", which, of course, was a commercial product.

avery1555 said:

I like it.

What he said. It's still a cool piece of art regardless of any implied "officialness" or otherwise.

Kyka said:

It's still a cool piece of art regardless of any implied "officialness" or otherwise.

I wouldn't call it art. He just typed two words on already existing work.

Heh. Though just because something is easy to do, doesn't automatically mean that it can't have some artistic value.

I liked it anyway.

Kyka said:

Heh. Though just because something is easy to do, doesn't automatically mean that it can't have some artistic value.

I liked it anyway.

You seem to confuse making something, with ripping something from one image and use it in the same way on another similar image with art.

I know how he did the image.

But regardless of how he did it, I was just saying that I liked it anyway. It looks very true to original Doom2.
And anyway, put two ripped images together, and you still have a new image!

You are probably right tho. I may be stretching the definition of art a little much.

Kyka said:

But regardless of how he did it, I was just saying that I liked it anyway. It looks very true to original Doom2.
And anyway, put two ripped images together, and you still have a new image!

Wow really it looks very true to original Doom2? Imagine that, since it's the titlepic from doom2 with two words added to the top and no other changes whatsoever.

Also stop waffling, it's very unbecoming.

myk said:

The maker would try to make it look like it's official?

Yes, make it look official, not make it official. Make it look official, but not fooling the players saying that it's actually official or something.
Under any minings this is art, just a minor copy-past editing. I think the only almost creative thing here is the name that could be used for a mod (before someone says that's not being creative, please note that I said "almost").
I'm glad some liked it.

Wow that looks heavily original. How'd you come up with it?

I'm pretty sure that using MAP33+ slots in Doom2.exe crashes the game when you try to exit, as it doesn't have a CWILV graphic or a nextmap defined for those slots...

This is what you can get in Doom when warping to level 33 (or 34):

I get it about half the time. Only Final DOOM's executable seems to reliably load the level without crashing.

esselfortium said:
I'm pretty sure that using MAP33+ slots in Doom2.exe crashes the game when you try to exit, as it doesn't have a CWILV graphic or a nextmap defined for those slots...

Yeah, Doom v1.9 does terminate like that, and so does The Ultimate DOOM's executable. Final DOOM's executable, on the other hand, ignores the level 33 name graphic. A blank space is shown where it would be. It does close down once the level 34 name graphic is needed, though. So basically it's only safe to use level 33 along with the executable for Final DOOM*, and one needs to quit once the level 33 intermission has been loaded.

* Which only comes with Final DOOM, and thus is not appropriate for a DOOM II mod.