Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Steeveeo

DB2 IDEA: Background Image for Tracing

I had this idea one day while screwing around with Rhino 3D at my school. I found this little feature called Background Bitmap, and what it did was, load an image and place it in the X, Y plane (topdown view) so that the user could use it as a reference to place down curves, primitives, and the like, sort of like a floorplan.

Note that the image itself never shows up in rendering and saving.

The idea is thus: Doom Builder 2 could really use reference images like this! Some people (like me) get bored a lot and sometimes doodle while bored. Sometimes I may draw stick figures beating the shit out of each other, but other times I may draw floor plans as ideas for Doom maps. So, instead of looking back and forth and guesstimating from the floorplan at where things should go, I would rather scan it in, load it up in Doom Builder 2, and draw right over the top of it.

Already in. :P

Well, for textures. I suppose if you make it in ZDoom format you can use a floor texture larger than 64x64.

Not what I'm talking about, Im talking about importing a resizeable image under the grid that you can use as a guide for the map, for ANY format.

I'll consider making the background image feature able to load from a custom file and change the scale/position.