Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Butts

an unfinished midi

not really sure where to put this but i attempted to make a midi. it is heavily influenced by a certain track from a certain game (someone will probably know right away) but its not quite the same. i started making this after jamming on my guitar for a while. anyways, this is unfinished, as it has no drums because quite honestly i suck at drum tracks. so far the song is about 5 minutes i think.

tell me what you think of it so far. feedback is appreciated. its my first attempt at making a midi from scratch.
http://www.speedyshare.com/211628499.html

What midi software do you use (windows)?
This is excellent. My guess is metallica inspired but I'm not entirely familiar with that type of music. Noted that its unfinished but some parts sound like improvisations, albeit nice ones, instead of a finished whole. You certainly don't seem to have the problem of getting stuck in a short loop like I do when composing and it all sounds musically 'correct' and also fitting for doom.

Get a program called "Guitar Pro". Its a tabbing program but you can make midis from writing sheet music, its what I do. It supports almost all instruments, including Bass, Guitar, Drums and others.

I used it to make my Doom midis before.

yeah im using guitar pro 5 right now. amazing stuff, really. anyways, its very marc pullen inspired so huge thanks to him for suddenly becoming my musical hero.

how do i get the guitar sounds from the realistic sound engine or whatever instead of the midi to get exported? i made the guitars have a raw and heavy sound and i was hoping that it could get exported too. i dont have any programs or the proper equipment to do my own recording. yeah you are right about the improvisation, which is pretty much the whole song, really. like i said, i was just jamming on my guitar after hearing a song i thought was cool while playing sauerbraten, and i just kinda added the riffs i thought were cool in there, but kinda tried to make it flow and have decent transitions. it didnt take all that long to put this together, did it today and last night.

Often I'll "double-track" guitars in MIDIs, then I'll pan hard left and right, making one channel Distortion Guitar and the other one Overdriven Guitar.

Related question: I have Cakewalk 6.0, but unfortunately it doesn't work in a 64-bit OS. The newest version of Cakewalk (Sonar?) does support x64, but I'm afraid it might suffer from being overengineered or feature bloat. Anyone have a recommendation?

I'll have to try that. layering. I'm thinking that is how Corgan recorded some of the Smashing Pumpkins music..Manson sounds as though he layers too..

http://www.doomworld.com/vb/showthread.php?postid=752146#post752146

my midi is incomplete too but i'll finish it later..I used Tabit to make the one in that post

did you ever finish the midi? I noticed the incomplete midi was deleted.