Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Pirx

Doom Gladiator

thanks. and you're right it gets boring after a while, but it's still fun, especially to see the relative strengths of the monsters. unfortunately, the uploading.com link seems to have expired.

I've seen that before. It's pretty useless because the cyberdemon only attacks the other monsters in retaliation.

exp(x) said:

I've seen that before. It's pretty useless because the cyberdemon only attacks the other monsters in retaliation.

yes. which gives the enemy a good headstart sometimes, like in case of the chaingunners (the cyber's rockets splatter the gunners nearby only accidentally). furthermore, he's immediatey under fire from all directions.

such an arena should be done with a) 2 opposite doors releasing the monster teams and b) with instant hate triggered between both teams, instead of firing in retaliation. that would be a better ground for comparison.

A lot of the videos had pretty predictable outcomes. I guess that's due to all the random infighting I've seen in my doom career, and my near memorization of the amount of firepower required to kill just about anything.

The Saturn version of Quake has something like that as a secret level. I think the map is called "Colosseum", but I like to call it by what's printed on the floor of the wrestling mat: "QWF" (Quake Wrestling Federation).

Basically, there's buttons on the walls representing 6 of the Quake monsters (Shambler, Vore, Fiend, Ogre, Death Knight, and Enforcer if I remember right). You pick your champion, then two of 'em go at it in the wrestling ring--the best thing is that you can "assist" and shoot your monster's opponent from ring side (just like in real life, I can't remember how many times I've seen a fan take out a WWE wrestler they don't like with a nail gun shot). You have to win three matches to unlock the exit and proceed to the next map. It's a super easy and quick level, but, damn, it's fun and creative.