Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Death-Destiny

Constriction 1024: The Sequel to Claustrophobia 1024

New textures are allowed right? I'd have to put in a unique name before my textures to avoid conflicts then.

I'm gonna go for a forest stone theme, something different, screenshots to come within a month, lol.

im pretty sure new textures aren't allowed... no big deal though, i wouldnt mind if the entire project was stock textures anyways.

Might as well go 3 for 3. HOKUTO NO SLOPEZ 'AN PARTACLE FOUNTINZ!!!111!!!

Well I began working on my map today. Quite oddly enough, I plan for it to be a small base located in the huge landscape of Nowhere, Baloris prime. I'll get some screenshots up later when there is something worth looking at.

I'll take a map so put me in. Should be able to whip it up in a few days.

But it will be saved as MAP01 because you do not have an actual list of avaliable maps (MAPxx, etc). Just open mapslots. Its upt to you to assign it to its mapslot.

Just started working on it. This is gonna be a bit of a challenge for me, cause I don't usually make maps this small. I'm kinda worried about the map being so small that people can just run through it in a matter of seconds.
Anyway here are some screenshots of what I've got so far.

As you can tell by the fact that the screenshots look like shit, I've only just started. It's also because I've been busy watching stupid crap on youtube like this

i like the theme a lot, its a great start. much better than my attempts so far.

and that youtube vid: .... what the fuck?

Butts said:

i like the theme a lot, its a great start. much better than my attempts so far.

Heh thanks man. I gotta say, I'm loving this resource package so far. Plenty of good stuff in it. :P
I kinda wish the grass3 and 4 textures from the first 1024 were in there though to be honest...
I personally think the small outpost would look a lot more apropriate if it were surrounded by overgrown weeds. :P

maybe if you request kindly death destiny will allow you to add a few weed textures (grassy weedy weeds!)

Joshy said:

New textures are allowed right? I'd have to put in a unique name before my textures to avoid conflicts then.

I'm gonna go for a forest stone theme, something different, screenshots to come within a month, lol.

I'd encourage you to use the textures included in the resource wad first as there's an awful lot to choose from. But I don't mind adding a few more textures as long as it's not an outrageous amount.

@Craigs: I suppose I could add the rest of the Congestion textures to the resource if you really want to use those grass textures.

@Kristus: Heh, yea I know. But there's some green in there too, you just can't see it :P

Id like to send a texture request for supports (8 16 and 32 size)

My 1024-3 map is going to have more of a focus on architecture . Did I mention this map will NOT be a techbase.

TheMionicDonut said:

Id like to send a texture request for supports (8 16 and 32 size)

You provide them and I'll add them.

Also for anyone that wants to use new textures: you may want to temporarily add them to a seperate copy of the resource wad. That way you won't be held up on your map by having to wait until I add them and officially release the resource. My time is pretty limited so it may be a while before I can make new versions of the texture resource :[

ill give you screenies of them (I can tell you now that they are in they are in the CC4 texture pack as well as the recent 32in24 files) Im using Metal as a placeholder for now, but id prefer those as they are more fitting. to the map.

Mechadon said:

@Craigs: I suppose I could add the rest of the Congestion textures to the resource if you really want to use those grass textures.

Thanks, I've got some plans with those grass textures. More then just decoration. I was also thinking somewhere along the lines of traps.

I gotta say, I like how my map's coming along so far. It's nothin but action once you take the lift up from the start. You find yourself in a hallway with several windows looking outside where there are a bunch of revenants and chaingunners sniping at you every time you pop out from cover. >:D Hell, maybe just to be a bastard I'll throw in a cyberdemon for coop. Outside isn't much safer either.

Also, two new screenshots.

Mostly I was just practicing with some weird bug that Eisselfortium and I found in one of the maps I was detailing for Greenwar 2. I put a transparent texture in the ground and somehow it created a fake deep water effect :\.

Craigs said:

Mostly I was just practicing with some weird bug that Eisselfortium and I found in one of the maps I was detailing for Greenwar 2. I put a transparent texture in the ground and somehow it created a fake deep water effect :\.

Heh. After I noticed that in your GW2 map, I discovered that it's been known for a long time. It was in one of NiGHTMARE's old Boom-tricks wads, and it was used in a bunch of places in Phobos: Anomaly Reborn. When used with FLAT23 and pipes or tekwall or something, it makes for a great glass-floor effect.

i'd like to grab a slot.
right now all i have is a hallway and some scenery in a dark and dilapidated space station.
Gehenna 1024...based on a larger map from a personal project.

Guest DILDOMASTER666

I'd like to do a spiritual sequel to Severed Survival. Count me in :)

@Craigs: Try out my map in claus1024 when it's released. I'm sure there are others that are good examples as well, but I squeezed out roughly 5 minutes of gameplay. I'm sure it's possible to do the same again. :)

I shall call it Baptized In Blood.

I couldn't help but notice that whoever compiled the texture wad (Mech?) just imported all the multi-patch textures' individual patches as textures, instead of combining them to create the actual textures.

As a result, a lot of textures (bigdoor1, comp2, the extra crates, the gray* recolors, one of the green brown1 variants, grayn5*, many of the colored lights, the compohso variants, the tan gstone, and probably some others) are effectively unusable.

In addition, all the patches that were supposed to *replace* doom2.wad patches with "improved" (standardized to sizes that are easier to work with, coloring improved, etc.) versions were also added as individual textures, so they're in there as duplicates.

:\

@essel: Yea I just noticed that yesterday...I was wondering what in the hell was wrong. Putting together this damned texture resource has been a big pain in the ass; I didn't even think about the multi-patch textures because I was more focused on getting SLumpEd to behave with the color palette. Obviously this will have to be fixed, but I'm short on time at the moment...someone else may have to do it :[

On the note of "not being able to go out of the 1024x1024 square, is it allowed if the area outside of the square is lava, or does it still need to be un-accessable?

Mik57 said:

On the note of "not being able to go out of the 1024x1024 square, is it allowed if the area outside of the square is lava, or does it still need to be un-accessable?

As long as the player cannot gain access outside of the 1024x1024 square of space, your good to go. Your allowed to do anything else though; decor and architecture can exist outside of the square as well as monsters.

what about death trap exits, that is, when player steps in pit which warps them on top of voodoo dummy, killing them instantly Can the box with the voodoo doll be out of the 1024x1024 box?

TheMionicDonut said:

what about death trap exits, that is, when player steps in pit which warps them on top of voodoo dummy, killing them instantly Can the box with the voodoo doll be out of the 1024x1024 box?

No, the player has to stay inside the 1024x1024 box at all times no matter what, even if they would die by leaving that area, so even lava pits, death traps, etc. all have to be within this bounds if the player can enter them.

For this case, you could probably just put a 64x64 box at the very edge of the playable are to telefrag the player without wasting hardly any space, so that would be my suggestion.