Constriction 1024: The Sequel to Claustrophobia 1024

Well given that we are 99.9 percent complete with 1024-2.. we may as well finish and release it with all maps that were submitted to it. If there is some sort of hostility between members, those members could choose to simply not work on future projects together rather than destroy something that's 99% done.

Share this post


Link to post
gggmork said:

Well given that we are 99.9 percent complete with 1024-2.. we may as well finish and release it with all maps that were submitted to it. If there is some sort of hostility between members, those members could choose to simply not work on future projects together rather than destroy something that's 99% done.


You say 'members' as if there were more than one side causing problems for the other.

Share this post


Link to post
gggmork said:

Well given that we are 99.9 percent complete with 1024-2.. we may as well finish and release it with all maps that were submitted to it. If there is some sort of hostility between members, those members could choose to simply not work on future projects together rather than destroy something that's 99% done.

It's not going to happen with my content in it, I'm sorry. And unfortunately that includes two maps, various textures (skies too), and lots and lots of graphic replacements. It's just not going to happen after today, and I'm really sorry.

Share this post


Link to post

This drama is not necessary. Stop bullshitting around and just release 1024-2 as is, you faggots.

You both - Death-Destiny and Mech - I know this means nothing over the internet, but I must voice that I am crying with rage from your bullshit. Whether this makes me a ninny or whatever is irrelevant. Just release the fucking thing and stop disappointing people for the sake of drama.

There are 29-or-someodd other maps that damn well deserve to be released from authors that put alot of effort into them. If you're going to pull out everything, then you're just fucking everyone over for your own satisfaction.

Share this post


Link to post

Welp, Darkhaven says so. He's crying with rage. Better get to it then. Chop chop, guys.

Share this post


Link to post
esselfortium said:

Welp, Darkhaven says so. He's crying with rage. Better get to it then. Chop chop, guys.


Internet is serious business, essel. :)

Anyway, if you just release 1024-2 as is, anyone else can always pick it up and polish it. I don't see how that's so difficult to understand.

Share this post


Link to post

@YMB: It took me around 2 months to make a map for 1024-2 and I have very serious work-ethic - and yes, emotional - problems that I have yet to resolve. It angers me beyond belief knowing that what relevant to me is alot of effort goes to nothing.

Share this post


Link to post
Fisk said:

@YMB: It took me around 2 months to make a map for 1024-2 and I have very serious work-ethic - and yes, emotional - problems that I have yet to resolve. It angers me beyond belief knowing that what relevant to me is alot of effort goes to nothing.

The logical thing to do would be to direct your anger to Death-Destiny and not at me or the project as a whole. I did my part but apparently I was just getting in the way. So why would I keep my content in something if I'm not appreciated for my help? The way I see it, my decision was made from common sense. Kristus put it very eloquently.

Share this post


Link to post

In addition, there's no rule saying that a map intended for this project needs to be used in this project, and not be released individually or as a part of a separate project.

Share this post


Link to post

Think of it this way. There are 30+ people who contributed to both 1024 projects. Out of those, 1/30th of those people has allegedly (apparently this episode of the soap opera happened in personal messages, and thus only 2 people even know what was written, hence the allegedly) expressed a lack of appreciation for you. Therefore your choice to destroy the project is based on a subjective opinion of only 1 out of 30 of the people involved, and therefore irrational I'd argue.

Share this post


Link to post

I love how Death-Destiny is so skilled at commandeering other peoples' projects in such a way that hides all his drama bullshit from the rest of the contributors, and makes it impossible for the project to be taken back from him without making the person/people he took it from look like the bad guy. It seems to have played out perfectly here.

Share this post


Link to post
gggmork said:

herefore your choice to destroy the project is based on a subjective opinion of only 1 out of 30 of the people involved, and therefore irrational I'd argue.


Death kicked him off the project, how can you blame Mech?

Share this post


Link to post

Wow. This thread really went to Hell since I was last here...

@Mech: You're really going to destroy this whole project because of a personal disagreement between the two of us? I hope you're happy watching this go down in flames knowing that you've gotten me back completely for offending you with my judgements. :(

Share this post


Link to post

Come on guys, I thought you were getting along in here :(

Share this post


Link to post
Death-Destiny said:

Wow. This thread really went to Hell since I was last here...

@Mech: You're really going to destroy this whole project because of a personal disagreement between the two of us? I hope you're happy watching this go down in flames knowing that you've gotten me back completely for offending you with my judgements. :(

You're the one who kicked him off the team. You're trying so hard to be manipulative here, but no, you did this. Don't even try shifting the blame to Mechadon or to anyone else.

Share this post


Link to post

But then at the end the band settles their differences and gets back together and rocks out

Share this post


Link to post
gggmork said:

Think of it this way. There are 30+ people who contributed to both 1024 projects. Out of those, 1/30th of those people has allegedly (apparently this episode of the soap opera happened in personal messages, and thus only 2 people even know what was written, hence the allegedly) expressed a lack of appreciation for you. Therefore your choice to destroy the project is based on a subjective opinion of only 1 out of 30 of the people involved, and therefore irrational I'd argue.

As bad as it sounds, it's not my problem anymore, I'm no longer a part of this project. Death-Destiny didn't respect the co-leadership status or myself, and so I pulled out. What happens to the project after that point is of no concern to me, even if I directly effect it by pulling out a large chunk of the resources need for the .wad to function. I do feel sorry for everyone who put time and effort into this project's map, I really am. But I'll say it again, it is not my fault that I was disrespected and, as a result, dropped from this project.

You guys can still do whatever you want with your maps, etc. It's not a complete loss, I guess.

@Creaphis: Hey, I tried to be a civil and fair as possible about this. I really wanted it to work, I did! But I can't help it, I had enough of it from Death-Destiny :/

@Death-Destiny: No, I'm not destroying it, you are. This wasn't a personal disagreement, it went waaay beyond that I'm afraid. You didn't offend me with you judgments, I could care less what you think of me. What you did was effectively cut me from co-leading the project and accuse me of not doing any work. I'm sorry, but I'm not going to take all of that over a stupid Doom project.

Share this post


Link to post
Creaphis said:

But then at the end the band settles their differences and gets back together and rocks out

Yes, but without that annoying alcoholic drummer who would always play out of time and puke all over the stage.

Share this post


Link to post

You guys have seen Spinal Tap, right?


Okay fine.

Share this post


Link to post

I really don't want to have to take a side in this bullshit, because I don't like having to do so, especially for something as ridiculous as this is. I'm not sure it's clear to me why Mechadon was kicked off, but it seems to me that we'd all be a lot happier if that didn't happen. I appreciate the work Mechadon did (and it is clear he did plenty of work) and I don't want to see DD give him the boot. I put a LOT of time and effort into my map, along with everybody else, and it is preposterous that this should be happening.

I'm not blaming anybody just yet because the whole thing doesn't make any sense to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Mechadon said:

@Death-Destiny: No, I'm not destroying it, you are. This wasn't a personal disagreement, it went waaay beyond that I'm afraid. You didn't offend me with you judgments, I could care less what you think of me. What you did was effectively cut me from co-leading the project and accuse me of not doing any work. I'm sorry, but I'm not going to take all of that over a stupid Doom project.

If I told you I'm sorry for whatever I did to make you upset, would that help? True that I said you were taking awhile to complete your contributions, but that's just because everyone is waiting. I'm not trying to imply that you're useless... I'm just being impatient like everyone else. It's nothing personal. And also, I didn't kick you out of 1024_2. I just said that since we couldn't agree that I'd handle organization aspects of the project so it would get done without us bickering. It's not like I'm telling you not to contribute. I wouldn't have removed your contributions if you didn't ask me not to use them... :(

Share this post


Link to post

Or maybe Mech wants to lead this for the next five days. I'm not sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Death-Destiny said:

If I told you I'm sorry for whatever I did to make you upset, would that help? True that I said you were taking awhile to complete your contributions, but that's just because everyone is waiting. I'm not trying to imply that you're useless... I'm just being impatient like everyone else. It's nothing personal. And also, I didn't kick you out of 1024_2. I just said that since we couldn't agree that I'd handle organization aspects of the project so it would get done without us bickering. It's not like I'm telling you not to contribute. I wouldn't have removed your contributions if you didn't ask me not to use them... :(


HMMMMM

Death-Destiny said to Mechadon earlier:
In all honesty, the reason I'm blocking you out is because I don't trust you enough. You've been displaying this "All about me" attitude recently that's really worrisome, since this isn't about how much or how little you contribute, but the better of the project. Not to label you or anything, but I've seen this pattern before in other co-workers of mine and it never ends well. You keep pushing yourself to claim everything there is to do, trying to take care of it all yourself, and trying to turn the direction of things in your own way.

It's perfectly obvious, Mech. You get upset everytime I say something you don't agree with, get offended everytime I criticize you for the slightest thing, as though I'm judging you for your mistakes or something, and are reading meaning into my comments that I did not imply. Why is this project making you so tense? The Mech I associated with around the forum came off as a carefree fellow who wouldn't behave like you are now. What is it you're after, Mech? Is is recognition, to have your name on as many things as possible? Is it acknowledgement for your abilities? Is it more influence?

Look Mech, this isn't going to work. I admire your work ethic, but your teamworking is virtually non-existant right now. I feel like you're opposing me on everything instead of to being flexible and a good work partner. I can't have a coleader whose attitude is like the one you're currently displaying.

We just can't work together well enough. I don't want you to try and help me anymore... you're just making things more difficult. I told you twice now that I wouldn't have asked you to be a coleader if I'd known the way you really are. But now that I do, I'm asking you to just forget about it. Of course, if you still have anything to contribute, I'll accept it just like anyone else on the team, but I'm taking care of the organizational stuff myself from now on. If all you want to do is contribute tons of resources, you don't need to be a coleader to do that.

Sorry Mech, I was hoping not to have to say this all, but unless you point out something amazing that I missed or have a serious attitude change, this is what's going to have to happen. Sorry. :(


In addition to the fact that all of your supposed grievances with Mech are a carbon-copy description of your own behavior on Doomworld, and don't describe Mechadon (or anyone else here, other than you) at all, it's pretty clear that you kicked him out.

So you tell him to get lost, and then say it's his fault that he left? That's low, even for you, but by this point I'm not really surprised anymore.

Share this post


Link to post

I didn't intend to blame anyone either. One note though is that most of us used 1024tx (the texture pack) in our map. So would pulling this texture pack out break all the maps that used it, preventing them to be released individually or in a new project, assuming the issues in this project don't mend? Maybe not, I know little about these technical things.

Share this post


Link to post

Jesus christ, this thread just gained a page within like an hour. And a page is about 50 replies to me.

If you guys are canceling the project, elect a new project leader, or something.

Share this post


Link to post

OK, I withdraw what I said earlier.

Death-Destiny, stop this and let Mechadon back on. I find it highly unlikely that he's doing what you said he is, but even if he is then at least realize that you're kind of screwing everybody over by doing this. Even if Mechadon isn't being a "team player" it should be immaterial at this point because the project's practically DONE. It's far too late in the process for this shit to be happening. YOU'RE the one jeopardizing this project by kicking Mechadon out.

I mean...come ON. Is Mechadon being so seriously uncooperative that you have to do this now? I mean, it would be bad enough if he had only done maps, but he also compiled the entire texture set. And without that, practically everybody's maps are going to be fucked up. Frankly, Mechadon has the right to pull out his work if you've kicked him out, which it appears you have. The right thing to do now would be to tell Mechadon you're sorry for overreacting and allow him to return so the rest of us wouldn't have to be pulled into this.

Share this post


Link to post
This topic is now closed to further replies.