Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hellbent

2002: A Doom Odyssey Episode 1 secret level?

I'm on E1M3 and have killed all the monsters and see some discolored startan walls that I cannot open. I have searched everywhere and "umphed!" many walls and shot all the computer panels but nothing avails. I just want a clue--a hint of how to get to E1M9--please don't give it away. But if you remember how to get to the secret level of Episode 1 please help! Thanks.

Edit: Found the it! Well, found something. Found a lift. Okay, so I found the rocket launcher and mega armor and soul sphere. Now I have 3/4 secrets. But I don't feel any closer to finding the secret level exit. Little hints are appreciated. :)

It's really well hidden and I doubt it can be found just by looking at the architecture. Here's a vague hint: Of the three keys in the map it's closest to the red one and to get there you only need the blue one.

Do I need to hump walls randomly? Is the hint actually visible? either in the automap or while in the level? Do I need to shoot a computer panel or some other object (just answer yes or no to the last one :))

thanks for the reply.

Hellbent humps another wall....
Hellbent shoots another wall....
Hellbent tries to "jump" onto the blue things from the lift that lowers into the dark tech room but the linedef seems to be impassible :(
Hellbent will not give up.

Guest DILDOMASTER666

Darkhaven begins to rave.
Darkhaven begins to mutter to himself.
Darkhaven begins to go insane...

Fisk said:

Darkhaven begins to rave.
Darkhaven begins to mutter to himself.
Darkhaven begins to go insane...

Is that a hint?

Youtube spoils the foibles.

Ah, your post confused me... It says "E3M1", and I was like "Uhhh... I don't remember a secret exit on that level."

Slight Helpful Spoilers Below:

-

-

Anyway, It is NEAR the room after the outside area with the Nukage pit.

MegaZzZeux said:

Ah, your post confused me... It says "E3M1", and I was like "Uhhh... I don't remember a secret exit on that level."

Slight Helpful Spoilers Below:

-

-

Anyway, It is NEAR the room after the outside area with the Nukage pit.

Woops... E1M3 --I'm not dyslexic... honest.

Youtube revealed it. I was hoping for something a little more creative. A little too much lack of indication. There should have been a blinking light or something. The secret level is very nice, but too easy. I guess I shouldn't give any spoilers, but one of the secrets on that level was very clever/creative and fitting for a secret level. Very good!

To reach the secret exit requires you to find an unmarked secret door in an unlikely area.

Once you have the blue key open the blue key door and you will go into an outdoor area with nukage. You must enter the eastern building.

Open the door and you enter an area with cages. From the entrance of the door go left (north), right, right and right again.

Press on Linedef #676 on the northern wall. TEKWALL1 texture. A hidden door opens revealing a switch that lowers a lift in the northern part of the hallway. The lift takes you up to the rooftop outside. The exit switch is then revealed.