Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jute

"FreeHeretic" resources

Leilei owns that forum, so it's Leilei's choice to do that, not mine.

Also, you guys are aware this wad doesn't actually do anything yet, right? It's just placeholders. We don't have a 'real' wad or a site yet. It's in the works.

Do you guys need a new font set? I've got a smallfont that might work...and if not, I would be happy to make a brand-new set from scratch.

Mek: we are currently fontset-less, so that would be great! (Disclaimer: Make sure you're okay with the modified BSD license used by FreeDoom, and the content is appropriate for license, etc. of course).

Are you referring to the font set I've seen you post on ZDoom?

Actually it's a font set that I made for Sabbat Martyr II (a Skulltag project) and it was actually used in T667's TCoTD:A. It has a gothic look to it though it could probably use some cleaning up. I've got a BIGFONT set that I made for it as well, but it would probably have to be redone.

Oh and just about all of the font sets I've made are from-scratch. So I guess there would be no conflicts with the license :D. I'll send you the font (and maybe a couple others as well) and you can let me know what you think.

During my in-school suspension, i killed some time reading "The Masters Of Doom" and noticed that around the time Heretic was in production, John Romero was already making plans for the sequel, Hexen, and that eventually he wanted to make it into a Trilogy, the third game being named "Hecatomb". I would suggest that as a name.

Upon further googling, Hecatomb apparently never really reached the development stage. I found that there is some metal-ish band called Hecatomb, and a D&D styled board game by Hasbro called Hecatomb. It's also an ancient greek sacrifice to the gods of 100 cattle.

JohnnyRancid said:

the third game being named "Hecatomb". I would suggest that as a name.

Nah, because Hecatomb was meant to be something else. Plus, Heathen is better.