Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
kristus

Tears Of The Dark Lucia

The Dark Mod updated once again with a new release: another demo mission named Tears of St. Lucia.

If you liked the first teaser demo Thief's Den, you'll absolutely love Saint Lucia. It's a full-sized mission demonstrating the current state of The Dark Mod's development, packed into jdude's stunning world design.

They've also put up a wiki article on how to download and install the mod. Go get it.

This is cool. Very cool in fact, despite the fact it took me 3 hours to download.

I have to turn the options down really low to get it to run acceptably on my machine. Yet more evidence that I need to finally splash the cash and upgrade.

I'm stuck in the mission. I can't figure out how to get into the room where I assume the statue is. I have completed the other goals that I can do before getting to the statue, I've been all over the place - I think I have explored all the floors, down in the sewers, etc. I've even found a way back out to the street through the sewer. But I can't get into that all-important room.

I am carrying 3 keys (priests key, spare priests key (I think) and old key). However, when I get to the door that says the door to the statue room must remain locked at all times, I can't seem to get in. None of those keys seem to work on the doors. I've tried the door upstairs, I've tried to find a sewer that takes me to the right place and I even tried firing a noisemaker to alert the guy inside to see if he would open the door to come looking for me. Nada.

Anyone know how to get in?

Hm, No haven't got that far. I were killed and had forgot to save so I got to make up for that, and it usually bums me down too much. :p

Doh! I got it. I'm not sure if I did it the intended way but, if I did, I thought it was a little unsatisfying.

Spoiler

I found a way back out to the street near where you start via the sewer. Originally I found this a few hours ago, but assumed it was the way out after completing the mission. So I didn't bother re-exploring the street because I'd already been there.

However, this time I went back though the sewer, into the street and back to the front door. Unlike the first time I passed it, the front door was now open. I don't recall anything I did to give me any clues that the front door was now open. So, it seems the game was just relying on me to find the sewer route, then go back up to street level and re-visit the front door.

Anyway, the statue was just inside the front door and figuring out what to do with it was easy.

Strange - one of the guards must have opened it. In my playthrough I came in no contact with the front door...

Spoiler

Went in through the sewers and up the privy, stole the relic, bashed the statue, ran back to the sewers.

Curious. That was pretty much the way I expected to do it, but I couldn't find a way into the statue room by going underground at all.

I think the only way into the church via the sewers is through the privy.

You can get to the statue from there..

Strange, I got into the sewers via a privy, but couldn't find a second one to get out through.

Sign in to follow this