Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bullsquid

Doom Builder question

Hi i wonder if there is any way to change the map slot of the map after it is done.
For example i have 3 wads i would like to put togethter in a megawad for different map numbers but when i started them they were all map01.
Is there any way i can change this so i can save them into my new wad?

Also i wonder how i can make a monster teleport in at a certain time for example when i take a key or open a door.
I know how tags and triggers work but if i put a monster in a room and add a line with monster teleport how do i choose when it will teleport? wont it just be at the start of the map?

bullsquid said:

Also i wonder how i can make a monster teleport in at a certain time for example when i take a key or open a door.
I know how tags and triggers work but if i put a monster in a room and add a line with monster teleport how do i choose when it will teleport? wont it just be at the start of the map?

One way around that is to place a barrier sector between monster and teleporter - the player walks over a trigger linedef placed just before the key/door which lowers the barrier allowing the monster to teleport.

I tried this but it dosent work very well.
The monster has to be alerted somehow othervise it wont move over the teleport trigger.

I have a room with 3 pain elementals outside the map and i have set a walk over trigger to lower the walls in that room and let them out of the "cage". the walls lower correctly but the monster wont move and therefore wont teleport.
How can i fix this?

You're right about the monster's needing to be alerted. If they're out of sight a popular solution is to connect their "cage" to the body of the map with a sound-pipe - which only has to be a couple of pixels high/wide. If that's impractical, try using DoomBuilder's "Join Sectors" function to link the "cage" to a sector where other monsters can hear you.

I tried connecting it too but they just wont teleport
i dont know what im doing wrong. I have 4 linedefs close to the walls and they all have teleport monster only.
Do i have to flip the linedefs or something?
Im guessing they should face inwards since regular teleporters face outward?

The front side of the teleport linedef/s should face the monsters and you'll need at least half a bodywidth's clearance behind the line so they can actually teleport. This bit of nonsense might be of some use to you - it contains a small collection of cage release systems using monster-blocking lines for the cages so you can see them in operation.