Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
chungy

Are you buying wishes or solutions?

LOL - my last boss was a cheap bastard so we usually bought wishes and I had to make them look like solutions.

I guess that might make sense to a white collar worker, but all I can say is...what.

More explanation: they're saying that IBM provides solutions that actually work, whereas the competitors are much like the genie -- they pretend to grant your wishes by providing solutions that don't work, and generally make life hardware.

DISCLAIMER: I am not promoting IBM, I'm merely breaking up the commercial to its meaning.

How times have changed. During computing's Jurassic period - when mainframes ruled - it was accepted wisdom that "nobody was ever fired for buying IBM". IBM effectively engineered the demise of the mainframe market they'd dominated when they released their first PC. In 2005 IBM sold it's PC division and bowed out of the market it had created but wasn't able to dominate.

GreyGhost said:

How times have changed. During computing's Jurassic period - when mainframes ruled - it was accepted wisdom that "nobody was ever fired for buying IBM". IBM effectively engineered the demise of the mainframe market they'd dominated when they released their first PC. In 2005 IBM sold it's PC division and bowed out of the market it had created but wasn't able to dominate.

I recently saw a team of "benchmarkers" come to my school's Engineering College and benchmark our mainframes. They're IBM something somethings, and they're not even a year old. They're in a hugeass room that looks like a warehouse, but really white, and really futuristic like. Something from the movies, man.

So this one guy sits down at this oldass computer they have sitting next to the wall and suddenly lights start flashing like mission control.

anyway, our new megasuperdupercomputer is ranked ~215th nationally or something, out of 500 mainframes, for the fastest speed ever.

I wonder if it'll play crysis?

Csonicgo said:

I wonder if it'll play crysis?

I doubt it.