Silent Hill: Homecoming
Dead Space
Fallout 3
LittleBigPlanet
Alone In The Dark 4
Resident Evil 5
Resistance 2
Motorstorm: Pacific Rift

My PS3 will be getting the hookup these next few months. Christmas? Not so much.

The new Alone In the Dark sucks, and RE 5 isn't out until March, so your wallet doesn't have to worry about those two :).

But then again, you should really add Mirror's Edge and Left 4 Dead to your list ;).

Then again, I don't have car payments anymore. And my insurance is a lot cheaper now...

The first Resistance was quite good (particularly in coop), but was far too short. Seeing as it only took about 3 days to beat the game, I'd probably recommend renting the sequel unless you're into the online stuff. The annoying part is that they let you do split screen coop, but if two people want to play online, they expect you to have a second PS3.

Technician said:

The new Silent Hill is a huge meh. Rent it.

This is true, its not like the other games.

It's not so much bad as it's mundane. It follows the template to a T and forgets to add new elements based on the characters story.

Technician said:

The new Silent Hill is a huge meh. Rent it.

I don't really know how you came to that conclusion but then again I don't live in your shoes. If anything, the game is better then the others in several ways (In my opinion, it ties with SH2). Of course you have to get used to the new camera control. I would say it's worth a buy. If you liked the other ones then this one is no worse (minus The Room of course). Same old Silent Hill, just with a better combat system and camera focus.

nightmare93 said:

new camera control

Wow. The non-optional 2D controls alone would have been bad enough. But they also threw away one of the most effective design elements of the series? They might as well just call it "Moderately Quiet Knoll as Related by a Third Party".

Anyway, I'm talking out of my ass since I haven't played it since, as usual, PC gamers get the non-existent end of the stick with the mysterious last-minute delay with no explanation or forecast as to when it's coming out. Not to mention the lack of an actual retail product.

LittleBigPlanet :D

I bought a ps3 yesterday and plan on getting the game sometime today. I am pumped.

Definitely getting Fallout 3 this weekend (I only have PC), I thought Oblivion was a fun game and I haven't played a good RPG since.

Video games nowadays are the biggest wastes of money ever.

dang rush of good games is killing me:
Just got Fallout 3 today but I have to patch if due to SecuROM gayness, DeadSpace is one I've had my eye on for a while, but it's going to wait till after fallout 3, Left 4 Dead is not far off as well.

For stuff I've alread got:
STALKER Clear Sky is sweet. Probably my pick for game of the year
Crysis Warhead was a blast but nothing spectacular
Far Cry 2 is pretty disappointing. Not bad I guess but don't get it thinking it's STALKER with less bugs. Suffers from Consoleities

SuperSlammer2 said:

I didn't know the ps3 had games...

I will not stand here and let this lie be perpetuated anymore!

http://newsletters.eu.playstation.com/October2008/PSPST-N-081014-ITCE/images/PSPStore_03.jpg

Look at this image. all these games represented here. These are games for HARD CORE GAMERS. These games will kick your ass so hard you'll wish you had never been born. You don't need to look any further than this to know that SONY is HARDCORE, Microsoft is for stupid fratboys, and Nintendo is for CHILDREN.

On a more serious note, SecuROM can kiss it. I think the activations should be infinite, if I want to move my games to another computer, and I've moved them too much, I could be locked out. and the whole "validate every * days" mess is beyond me. I've never had a SINGLE PLAYER game that REQUIRED an internet connection just for validation until a few weeks ago. It's stupid.

DooMAD said:

The first Resistance was quite good (particularly in coop), but was far too short.

Huh? The campaign was generally 15 hours long. I didn't like Resistance, but short, it was not. Not for an FPS.

Silent Hill homecoming was pretty good, but nothing better than silent hill 4 the room.

Stage editor seems awesome but I hear the actual platforming is mediocre at best, I'll be busy with COD5 and Wipeout HD anyway.

DJShrimpy said:

Stage editor seems awesome but I hear the actual platforming is mediocre at best, I'll be busy with COD5 and Wipeout HD anyway.

Call of duty 5? Killing people without a red dot sight is gonna be hell.

Bucket said:

This just in: LittleBigPlanet is FUCKING AWESOME.

Yeah well my stupid ps3 hasn't come in and it's been over a week so I am still forced to sit and stare at the case

JohnnyRancid said:

Call of duty 5? Killing people without a red dot sight is gonna be hell.

Yeah if you suck at shooters.

I just read that COD5 will have aperture sight, which is like the WWII equivalent to red dot sight so you should be fine.