Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bucket

My wallet asplode

Csonicgo said:

I've never had a SINGLE PLAYER game that REQUIRED an internet connection just for validation until a few weeks ago. It's stupid.

That ticks me off too. HL2 with Steam was the first time I encountered that. Have I mentioned what I think about Steam? ;)

DJShrimpy said:

I just read that COD5 will have aperture sight, which is like the WWII equivalent to red dot sight so you should be fine.

As someone who shoots real rifles, an aperture sight is absolutely nothing like a Red-Dot or Holo-Sight. I haven't played CoD, but if you can shoot an M16 or M4 in that game with iron sights - those are aperture sights.

Yes, thanks for announcing that you know more about rifle sights than your average bear. Someone was trying to say that it accomplishes the same task in the context of an FPS aiming reticule, but it was oh so important to keep in mind that they are mechanically different in the real world.

Bucket said:

Yes, thanks for announcing that you know more about rifle sights than your average bear. Someone was trying to say that it accomplishes the same task in the context of an FPS aiming reticule, but it was oh so important to keep in mind that they are mechanically different in the real world.

Some games do treat the sights in different fasions, I've seen at least one that allowed the front post to drift in the apeture, changing where your shots impact.