Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
PhilibusMo

Demo map of megawad

I am creating a new megawad (my first publicaly released one). It follows on from the story of Doom with demons invading earth, and works in vanilla doom, but with some HOM effects, as some limitations are exceeded, so is best used in Zdoom or similar. The map is MAP09. I am sorry, it may be bundled with a version of beutiful doom, so please don't complain to me if it is as I have warned you. Feel free to use IDFA at the begining of the level as you would have picked up many weapons from previous levels by this point.

here is the link:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/9cdaoo

If you encounter any bugs, crashes or anything else please tell me. There is still a small amount to be added to the wad before it is properly ready, enjoy.

EDIT: Don't worry, after a quick look, there is no beutiful doom included.

Hmm interesting. Kinda an oldschool style, lots of textures here, layout is also strange, but it works. Gameplay is straightforward for the most part. How big is the megawad going to be? Might want to start small like 7-10 levels, then people will stay interested and you can get some more work out there. I played with original Doom weapons.

I intend for it to be a full 32 map wad in the end, it was originally going to just be a present for my little brother, but I am pretty pleased with what I have done so I thought it would be an idea to release it to the doom community. This is one particuarly old school style map in the wad, overall it is pretty varied, with about 6-7 maps completed as maps and just needing some final polish (this one included) and a few where I only have initial ideas down. Where there any problems with health/ammo, bugs or general design?

Uh, health was sparse but I made it, ammo, not so sure, I played with IDFA. Design felt cramped to me but like I said, it worked so I see no reason to change to whole layout. I like how it goes up and down and kinda all over.