Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Patrick

I fail at making sprites

This was some stuff I did when I was a freshman in highschool. Thought I'd show off some pixel art I did back then.

Airplanes:

The explosion is pretty nice! Were you working with some sort of palette for these?

If I remember correctly, I think I based it on a sprite from an nes game. I don't really remember, that was 5 years ago.

They're as good as or better than the sprites in some commercial game ports. Wish I could fail that well.

Technician said:

Don't belittle yourself mate because those are significantly good. Allot of dos games didn't have this kind of talent.

So true.

The huge plane needs a bit more shading I think, but the reast is excellent.

Whaaaaaaaaaa-! It's not THAT bad! Look at my sprites and then look at yours. The shading is nice, and you dither in the right places. I have a bad habit of pillow-shading my sprites.

Sorry but I don't think that these are very realistic. I'm assuming that's what you were going for.

They look better than the sprites in Chuck Yeager's Advanced Flight Trainer, if i'm remembering my DOS 386 days right.

i have no real interest in spriting, i made these for a programming project I did in freshman year in high school. never got used unfortunately, but hey, if I ever want to make a plane game, they're here. i should redo them ...

Patrick Pineda said:

i have no real interest in spriting, i made these for a programming project I did in freshman year in high school. never got used unfortunately, but hey, if I ever want to make a plane game, they're here. i should redo them ...

Ooh, how interesting. Are you going to remake 1942?

r_rr said:

They look better than the sprites in Chuck Yeager's Advanced Flight Trainer, if i'm remembering my DOS 386 days right.

The only Chuck Yeager game I remember was 3-D, and I mean old school 3-D, where everything was little more than single-colored polygons flying around.