Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
walligig

monster idea

i was wandering has anyone ever tried making a Baphomet/Icon in physical form. like a real monster version of him. i was looking in 667 and a few other places and didnt see any so i was wandering if it ever been atempted?

yes this has, actually. Try looking in xaser's Zen Dynamics, it is the final boss.

i ment is there a version that actully walks around and mabey even attacks you while at the same time spawning monsters. i didn't try Zen dynamics yet though. and btw im not planning to use it for anything i just always wanted to see one. ive always wandered why they made him a wall texture rather then a real monster.

I think they made him a wall texture because the whole map was intended to be the monster (I think)

I don't really see how you can imagine a monster like that walking around. You want a mobile Icon of Sin?

i imagine it the same way a Cyberdemon walks around and shoots rockets only these pojectiles happend to spawn monsters in there death sequence. but i kinda do see your point though it would be pretty hard to make.

walligig said:

but i kinda do see your point though it would be pretty hard to make.

A sprite within the scale of the creature on the wall texture would look horrible in the Doom engine. Besides considering the time in which Doom2 was made, and that it already contains many new sprites all worth countless hours of work, I'm sure it was just a quick and dirty boss to meet the deadline, like Quake.

I think that was adopted after Quake, cause it took forever to make.

Though back in the time of Doom and Doom2, a year of production was considered as taking fucking forever.

Patrick Pineda said:

yes this has, actually. Try looking in xaser's Zen Dynamics, it is the final boss.

Actually that boss was kinda crap (especially compared to the rest of the project).

My friend from Russian Doom Community had idea about such monster. He draw a picture, just for fun, with Icon of Sin being some kind of a monster, like huge centaur with cyberdemon-like legs and hands and one huge head. The problem is that you need a good artist to draw all the sprites. If not for this I'd do such monster.

However, it wouldn't be an Icon anymore.

Captain Toenail said:

I threw together this boss a while ago as a joke to play on Skulltag, it requires ZDoom/GZDoom/Skulltag, I dunno if it's possible with one player.

Have fun :D

Wow, thats actually really good. i especially like the way he shoots fireballs out of his eyes

Captain Toenail said:

I threw together this boss a while ago as a joke to play on Skulltag, it requires ZDoom/GZDoom/Skulltag, I dunno if it's possible with one player.

Have fun :D
http://www.badongo.com/file/11916927

That's surprisingly epic. I wasn't able to beat it on single player, but here's the Chuck Norris strategy if anyone really wants to: Grab the weapons and a blue armor, jump to the top of the central pillar with two rockets, and jump from there right into the Icon's face when he's firing a cube so that he telefrags himself :D