Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Hellbent

Bots in GZdoom

No bots will load when I add bots in GZdoom. I get an error message whenever I try to add a bot.
"Couldn't spawn bot. No bots left in bots.cfg.
I copied the bots.cfg file from my zdoom folder into my gzdoom folder but it still isn't working.

You need to make a sub-folder in your GZdoom folder called zcajun and put it in there. Don't expect to be too impressed by the performance of the bots though.

Don't expect them to do anything really. From the things I've heard, neither Graf nor Randy had any interest in improving the bots, so you'll have to stick to Skulltag or ZDaemon if you want anything nearly intelligent.

They are reasonable, but easy to beat, in simple DM levels. I like messing around with them. Complicated levels, or just weapons/powerups near wall and so on can confuse them though.

They are pretty useless in coop. The only use I have for them there is testing multiplayer capabilities of maps/mods.

I really wish there was a ZDoom based engine with bots as fun to play against as Legacy's bots.

I remember spending some time playing 1 on 1 against them, then trying to play against skulltag's bots... skulltag's would stop to chat too much, would have bad aim, and were just way too easy to beat, even on the supposedly harder difficulty settings.